Best Dallas record store to find metal vinyl

I’m coming through the DFW area from OKC and I know there are plenty of record stores in Dallas / Fort Worth, but which ones will have the best extreme metal selection (ie: black metal, death metal, etc). Here in OKC we have a handful of record stores, and there is only one that carries a somewhat decent selection of metal, all the others aren’t even worth a stop if that’s what you’re after.

I know there is a stickied thread about record stores, but I didn’t find anything about what type of selection to expect at record stores in the area.

Thanks for the help!

5 hours ago, dcochran4 said:

I’m coming through the DFW area from OKC and I know there are plenty of record stores in Dallas / Fort Worth, but which ones will have the best extreme metal selection (ie: black metal, death metal, etc). Here in OKC we have a handful of record stores, and there is only one that carries a somewhat decent selection of metal, all the others aren’t even worth a stop if that’s what you’re after.

I know there is a stickied thread about record stores, but I didn’t find anything about what type of selection to expect at record stores in the area.

Thanks for the help!

Hey, man!

Look up Dead Red Queen Records. He doesn't have an actual space, but he has a a distro and sells exclusively metal at shows around town. E-mail him and I'm sure you can figure out how to check out his inventory. Tell him Juan sent you!

I agree that Dallas record shops are pretty weak. 

Good Records’ stock is meh. 

Josey is overpriced. 

Forever Young is incredibly overpriced. 

Best shops in the area are Docs in Ft Worth which still hasn’t reopened and Direct Audio which is online only (warehouse is in North Dallas). 

14 Records on garland road is worth checking out for vintage stock. He also has a selection at Curiosities in Lakewood. Prices can be high but he’s willing to make deals. 

Edited by Admerr

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Crabwalker said:

DFW doesn't really have a metal/punk/hardcore record store, which blows my mind.

I've considered opening something like that but I just don't know if there is enough interest for something like that in DFW. 

Very odd considering how many metal bands we have too.

• 3 years later...

We had to close at the beginning of the pandemic, but Mad World Records is online and you could browse through the inventory and select local pick-up. You technically get to pick up at the old location, just no ability to thumb through. We used to get crazy kudos on our punk and metal sections, so I'm hoping you can find something you like!

madworldrecordstx.com