Do you have a vinyl only instagram?

Sorry for the shameless plug, but a couple of my buddies got together to record a podcast over Built to Spill’s first album! It’s an hour long, but we go track by track covering the album and some of the band’s early history. Hopefully someone will enjoy it. Also, feel free to fact check us, because I’m sure we missed something. We also have an Instagram, but I don’t think anything has been uploaded yet since this is more of a hobby than anything else. www.soundcloud.com/saddadradiohour 

Www.instagram.com/saddadradiohour

Edited by PookdaddyG

Quick question before I jump into some of these links. Do you just picture them or talk about records a bit? I've got a fair few records, and many of them mean something to me about my life, collection, collecting habits etc. 

Not sure if Instagram is somewhere for pics only or a bit more as well? Very new to Insta, so just trying to figure out how it all works.

8 hours ago, LeeKaye said:

Quick question before I jump into some of these links. Do you just picture them or talk about records a bit? I've got a fair few records, and many of them mean something to me about my life, collection, collecting habits etc. 

Not sure if Instagram is somewhere for pics only or a bit more as well? Very new to Insta, so just trying to figure out how it all works.

It’s really whatever you want man. In order to post, it must be a picture. What you caption is up to you. 

4 hours ago, lastvaultboy said:

I mean, I just look for cat gifs on here.

Like I said, aggy, I was just asking a fairly straightforward question. 

You don't just look at cat gifs here though... that's not what straightforward means at all lol. Asking why people use social media seems just as sarcastic as this post.

11 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

You don't just look at cat gifs here though... that's not what straightforward means at all lol. Asking why people use social media seems just as sarcastic as this post.

Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic (I can appreciate how it reads in text though). My question was more around whether it's literally just pictures of vinyl that people post - or is it more a starter for conversation, album discovery etc? 

That's a fairly good way to judge whether to use it or not, to just ask a question. I didn't want to go through the rigmarole of signing up etc just to see that people like to post a picture of a record on a TT with nothing else. 

16 minutes ago, lastvaultboy said:

Sure, but I wasn't being sarcastic (I can appreciate how it reads in text though). My question was more around whether it's literally just pictures of vinyl that people post - or is it more a starter for conversation, album discovery etc? 

That's a fairly good way to judge whether to use it or not, to just ask a question. I didn't want to go through the rigmarole of signing up etc just to see that people like to post a picture of a record on a TT with nothing else. 

Gotcha. It's just one extra bullshit thing some of us add to our lives. Most people add hashtags to their posts so you can search which is how I use it when I want to look for something specific. I'll usually use it to see when a new record releases and copies start popping up under the bands tag tell me I'll have my copy soon haha.

Edited by Sunshine

4 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Gotcha. It's just one extra bullshit thing some of us add to our lives. Most people add hashtags to their posts so you can search which is how I use it when I want to look for something specific. I'll usually use it to see when a new record releases and copies start popping up under the bands tag tell me I'll have my copy soon haha.

Appreciate that, I'll take a look I think! Always good to see how other pressings/variants etc turn out - also when I know something might be arriving, it'll much easier to hide...

5 hours ago, faceghost said:

Interesting that this thread got made cause I was just thinking the other day that I should make one of these for my collection. I have a question though, are you allowed to post clips of your records being playing, or is there like copyright issues cause of music, etc?

Yes

no copyrights