Do you have a vinyl only instagram?

1 minute ago, Eliminator Jr. said:

Been taking some time off of social media / the internet for the better part of the year, but I plan on slowly kicking back in on some stuff. So feel free to stop on by and drop a line or something: https://www.instagram.com/eliminator.jr/

Small world I think I just responded to you on a buddies photo of The Glow Pt. 2. I'm captain_of_lies on insta, only got it to signal boost a photography buddy but occasionally take photos of what I'm spinning or any paintings I've done just so I don't seem like a spambot.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 11:01 AM, Stress On The Sky said:

Small world I think I just responded to you on a buddies photo of The Glow Pt. 2. I'm captain_of_lies on insta, only got it to signal boost a photography buddy but occasionally take photos of what I'm spinning or any paintings I've done just so I don't seem like a spambot.

Ha, yeah! I'll take this as a sign to remind you once more to buy Phil's records, asap, 

• 1 month later...

I'm relatively new to Instagram, but all these people that pose with their goddamn records, and lay them all out by color palette , and dress up and recreate the cover art, and the women with the duck face holding a Springsteen album,  all this staged bullshit just makes me kind of nauseous. Gotta get them likes!

10 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I'm relatively new to Instagram, but all these people that pose with their goddamn records, and lay them all out by color palette , and dress up and recreate the cover art, and the women with the duck face holding a Springsteen album,  all this staged bullshit just makes me kind of nauseous. Gotta get them likes!

Yeah. I don't follow 'em.

On 2/15/2019 at 3:58 AM, zdkaiser said:

I don't mind them so much. Makes for something a little different than just a shot of an LP cover and nothing else that could have come from Google Images.

16 hours ago, zdkaiser said:

I suppose. Seems pretentious to me. Attention grabs.

Oh, yeah. I get what you're saying. When the records become part of a 'lifestyle prop' more than anything else. I can't think of what record pictures I like seeing the most actually. Maybe collections, or nice setups. I can't even be sure myself.

• 1 month later...
On 2/17/2019 at 1:40 AM, LeeKaye said:

Oh, yeah. I get what you're saying. When the records become part of a 'lifestyle prop' more than anything else. I can't think of what record pictures I like seeing the most actually. Maybe collections, or nice setups. I can't even be sure myself.

I like seeing peoples very rare or beautiful variants. 

I also like when people sort of delve into what a record means to them.
Also, composition! It is photography after all. Some people just create really beautiful images of their records and setups.

If the account just has a lady with her cans out caressing some dollar store record, its a hard pass.

16 hours ago, V3XED said:

I like seeing peoples very rare or beautiful variants. 

I also like when people sort of delve into what a record means to them.
Also, composition! It is photography after all. Some people just create really beautiful images of their records and setups.

If the account just has a lady with her cans out caressing some dollar store record, its a hard pass.

Yes. Good points. Even though the size/resolution on Instagram isn't great...there are some nice shots that people put together. I've tried to combine all of this. Sometimes a couple of sentences about the band, and collections in an approximate theme, grouping.

Nobody want to see my cans.

• 1 year later...