Albums you once wrote off

In a one-two punch, both Bear vs. Shark albums. As a result of my initial dislike, I missed out on one of their final shows with Fall of Troy in their prime (Doppelganger era). Right now... is now one of my all-time favorite records, and I was lucky enough to catch them in NYC a couple years back.

Edited by bluethumb

When I was 12, I bought Wilco's Being There because I liked the single, Outtasite, but quickly found I didn't like the album because i thought it was too country. So I sold it. Four or five years later, I found myself becoming obsessed with the alt-country boom of the early 2000s, and Wilco quickly became one of my favourite bands (saw them three days before YHF was released and it was amazing). Re-bought that album on CD. Later re-bought on vinyl, and then most recently on special edition vinyl. Still the only album I've bought 4 different times...

On ‎10‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:57 PM, Reshiram454 said:

Hip-hop as a whole. I wrote off the entire genre when I was a young dumb kid, now I'm obsessed with it. 

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, Tommy said:

100%

What did it for you? Still yet to find much Hip Hop that does anything for me, kinda liked Deltron 3030 and Lupe Fiasco (pre lazers) for a while but nothing has really pulled me into the genre, tried God Loves Ugly the other day and nothing...

23 minutes ago, 2notepockets said:

What did it for you? Still yet to find much Hip Hop that does anything for me, kinda liked Deltron 3030 and Lupe Fiasco (pre lazers) for a while but nothing has really pulled me into the genre, tried God Loves Ugly the other day and nothing...

Have you already tried the whole Madvillain (and any of the remix albums), Quasimoto, Madlib, MF Doom, etc. oeuvre yet? Or the older Tribe Called Quest or DJ Shadow stuff? I'm not a huge rap/hip hop fan but I can get with all of those artists anytime.

44 minutes ago, 2notepockets said:

My taste in rap/hip hop is pretty generic and limited but I sure do listen the crap out of it. I started with Kanye - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and then worked into the rest of his catelog. Following that I got heavy into Kendrick Lamar Good Kid Maad City, TPAB, untitled & Damn. Also jammed a ton on Drake Take Care and now I’m onto Tyler the Creator Flower Boy & WOLF