PO: Pennywise - Never Gonna Die

21 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Might get flamed for saying this but their last album with the new singer was so good.  Feels like a step back hearing Jim singing again.  

I totally agree. I saw them after Jim rejoined again and he didn't look into it at all (could have just been the show I went to.) Of course they don't play any of those songs but I'd love to see them live with Zoli. Going to see them again later this month I hope they're better than the last time.

56 minutes ago, mmhmm said:

Might get flamed for saying this but their last album with the new singer was so good.  Feels like a step back hearing Jim singing again.  

I dunno, it was a solid album but for me if you change the lead singer you gotta change the band name, maybe Pennywise with Zoli!? HA

Jimmy up front is Pennywise, always stoked to hear more.

Saw them down here in NZ a few months back for the Full Circle Anniversary and they were awesome, maybe it was because of the album I dunno but that concert was amazing

1 hour ago, mmhmm said:

Right on with this comment!  I loved the album with Zoli, probably because I'm a huge Ignite fan.  I was so happy when Zoli became singer, because it takes like a decade before Ignite releases new material, that I was thankful to at least hear him sing again.  It was bittersweet at the time, because that also meant further delays to another Ignite record.  I saw videos of Zoli singing old Pennywise songs, and he looked out of place.

I think the Jim/Pennywise and Zoli/Pennywise are 2 different bands.  I would have liked to hear more on the latter, but hearing more Jim is good too.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, avery said:

gah. i snoozed on that blue vinyl. if anyone ordered it and decides they don’t want it, plz let me know. thx.

if you want a blue there is a blue indie exclusive here in the UK:
https://www.banquetrecords.com/pennywise/never-gonna-die/8714092759334

or the smoke variant is still available on the kingsroad eu store