PO: Jon Hopkins - Singularity

Jon Hopkins has announced the details for his first album in five years, Singularity. In addition to the new album, he has unveiled the first single from the album titled “Emerald Rush.”

The nine-track album will be released on May 4 via Domino Records. It is his first artist album since 2013’s Immunity, though he did mix a beautiful Late Night Tales compilation in 2015.

According to a press release, Singularity, "flows seamlessly from rugged techno to transcendent choral music, from solo acoustic piano to psychedelic ambient. Its epic musical palette is visceral and emotionally honest: with a destructive opener full of industrial electronics and sonic claustrophobia and a redemptive, pure end on solo piano."

It is meant to be consumed in one sitting. 

Jon Hopkins teased at the end of February that there would be music coming in 2018 with a stunning preview video. Now he is delivering on that promise. “Emerald Rush” comes with an accompanying animated video as well, which you can view below, though make sure you head to a streaming service or digital portal to pick up the long version.

50 minutes ago, WAXXX said:

yeah, immunity still holds up. hoping that the new album can match some of its intensity.

That would be choice.  What did you think of the new single?  I thinks it’s pretty fresh without being too big of a departure in a wild direction – still has that Hopkins energy and groove as far as I’m concerned.

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

That would be choice.  What did you think of the new single?  I thinks it’s pretty fresh without being too big of a departure in a wild direction – still has that Hopkins energy and groove as far as I’m concerned.

i liked the new single, it has a fresh uplifting vibe to it that i didn't expect, but i'd like the album to be way more epic and hoping it delivers. definitely has the jon hopkins trademark sound which i'm already a fan of. looks like the version of emerald rush released in the youtube video is an edit that's about 2 minutes shorter than the track off the album. all in all, i'm looking forward to this.

1 hour ago, WAXXX said:

i liked the new single, it has a fresh uplifting vibe to it that i didn't expect, but i'd like the album to be way more epic and hoping it delivers. definitely has the jon hopkins trademark sound which i'm already a fan of. looks like the version of emerald rush released in the youtube video is an edit that's about 2 minutes shorter than the track off the album. all in all, i'm looking forward to this.

Good to hear. I wanted Emerald Rush to last longer.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:37 AM, famousdrumer said:

Where do u see it without the print. My google skills are poor. 

Not as cheap, but the blue variant looks to be out there on a bunch of UK sites...

https://bleep.com/release/96060-jon-hopkins-singularity

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/169917-jon-hopkins-singularity

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/jon-hopkins-singularity/681445-01/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...