PO NOW: Beach House - 7 (LP Out May 11)

1 hour ago, armadillo01 said:

I saw them open for The Clientele in '07. Bought the last copy of their first LP (for 30 bucks back then!!).

Did pressing Devotion on 2xLP makes it any less of a murky listening experience btw for all the VMP fans? It's by far my least fave BH album.

As others have already pointed out, it has always been a 2xLP. The difference is the half-speed master.

7 minutes ago, craigeduk said:

Rough Trade orders up with 500 yellow exclusive to them (Bella Union pressing) & also indies exclusive transparent version

https://roughtrade.com/gb/music/beach-house-7

More importantly is the mention of a clear variant for indie stores.  Wishful thinking that we’ll see something similar here in the US.  But if not, I know what I’m gunning for.

3 hours ago, Derek™ said:

More importantly is the mention of a clear variant for indie stores.  Wishful thinking that we’ll see something similar here in the US.  But if not, I know what I’m gunning for.

You can order the “Indie Shops Transparent” version for around $24 shipped from the US Rough Trade online shop.

https://roughtrade.com/us/music/beach-house-7

Same price as the black.

Edited by Plarocks

• 1 month later...

Just a heads up for those of you looking for the “transparent” variant.

I pre-ordered the “transparent” version on the Rough Trade US website.

Now, the US site switched my “transparent” copy to the yellow version. :mellow:

Specifically wanted the transparent “Indie Shops Exclusive:” 

cat no: bella777vx.

This may be a UK only thing. 

Still up on Rough Trade UK. Debating on whether I should spend the extra.  

Edited by Plarocks

21 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Yeah - quite often they'll release Loser/Indie versions that are different in the US versus UK. I just went through something similar where I ordered a Rolling Blackouts CF album on Amazon UK that was listed as "Loser" but it didn't match the US version.

If you're interested in it, hop on the Rough Trade UK option. You can always easily cancel via their website before it ships if you change your mind (they don't charge until then, or even post any type of authorization charges etc).

50 minutes ago, Plarocks said:

Just a heads up for those of you looking for the “transparent” variant.

I pre-ordered the “transparent” version on the Rough Trade US website.

Now, the US site switched my “transparent” copy to the yellow version. :mellow:

Specifically wanted the transparent “Indie Shops Exclusive:” 

cat no: bella777vx.

Still up on Rough Trade UK. Debating on whether I should spend the extra.  

Good looking out.  That’s substantially annoying, and I wouldn’t have caught it if you hadn’t noticed and said something.  Sneaky.  I may actually pony up the extra since I still don’t “get” the choice of yellow on this release.

Ofc, it's all good. For sure, clear is a safe option acoustically compared to, say, white or grey vinyl or picture-discs until recently.

It's just recently I see other bands go "clear-only" (Cavern of Anti-Matter) or "clear first" (Here Lies Man) and it's killed all interest I have in clear for the time being unless it's at a store and not being sold for (too much) extra coin.

Edited by armadillo01

1 minute ago, armadillo01 said:

Ofc, it's all good. For sure, clear is a safe option acoustically compared to, say, white or grey vinyl or picture-discs until recently.

It's just recently I see other bands go "clear-only" (Cave of Anti-Matter) and it's killed all interest I have in clear for the time being unless it's at a store and not being sold for (too much) extra coin.

I think Relapse Records has been doing that for years, too.  “Friends and family” pressses /100 for every release, with specific instructions to not request a clear variant with each order.  Kind of silly.  And boring, for being the coveted variant time after time.