PO NOW: Beach House - 7 (LP Out May 11)

56 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I think it might be their way of saying "ultra clear" or whatever equivalent looks clear like a window. At least I hope so.

Don’t forget that they’re trying pretty hard to reinvent the variant formerly known as “coke bottle” into sea glass.  I’ve seen it a couple of times on their product pages.  I think their endgame is to get newcomer vinyl enthusiasts to clean all their shit with Windex.

3 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Don’t forget that they’re trying pretty hard to reinvent the variant formerly known as “coke bottle” into sea glass.  I’ve seen it a couple of times on their product pages.  I think their endgame is to get newcomer vinyl enthusiasts to clean all their shit with Windex.

Next up Obsidian Glass standard variants 

2 hours ago, lethalenforcer said:

So the VMP “clear glass” is up. So they add “glass” to the title and it’s suddenly different than the UK Indies clear version? Ahh wot

https://app.vinylmeplease.com/products/new-this-month/beach-house-7

The real VMP MVP.  Would have been annoyed to miss out on this – thanks for posting.

14 minutes ago, lethalenforcer said:

A VMP staff member said: 

"fwiw ours is an ultra clear version vs. standard clear - definitely a bummer how close it is to the UK variant we work hard to try to avoid situations like this!"

If you clean the UK variant with some windex, you'll get the VMP version.

This album is pretty good. After all their talk of "reinventing" themselves I expected a little more experimentation though. Wish there had been more tracks like Black Car that had a little darker feel to them and heavier, deeper synths. Overall it's another Beach House album, which is great...but pretty interchangeable with most of their albums.

The vinyl itslf was very quiet and nice. I actually sat and listened to this with headphones on, whcih I rarely get to do and got no surface noise, and didn't notice any distortion.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

10 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

The vinyl itslf was very quiet and nice. I actually sat and listened to this with headphones on, whcih I rarely get to do and got no surface noise, and didn't notice any distortion.

Thanks for noting the quality of the Loser Edition disc. I received shipping notification yesterday so I hope it makes it to me by Friday (WA to WI is a long trip for media mail postage haha). Haven't listened to anything beyond the first two singles so I'm excited listen to it all at once!

17 hours ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

This album is pretty good. After all their talk of "reinventing" themselves I expected a little more experimentation though. Wish there had been more tracks like Black Car that had a little darker feel to them and heavier, deeper synths. Overall it's another Beach House album, which is great...but pretty interchangeable with most of their albums.

Black Car is such a great fucking song. I also wish there were more like it, but I really dig this album. 

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 12:54 AM, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I gotta disagree here to an extent. The album to me, at least for Beach House standards, is a massive branch out. It's definitely still BH and has their signature sound, but I love that they just went wild in the studio with every track. You can really tell right from the first track that it's a sonically expanded experience, which is crazy given that they've always made lush soundscapes their trademark.

Black Car best song for sure though! I also seriously dig Woo and Dark Spring... and Lemon Glow... L'Inconnue... The second half of Dive... Drunk In LA... Fuck, this album is really good. I guess I should grab me a copy of the loser, after a lot of back and forth I think yellow looks best. The insert and holofoil on the cover really sell it for me.