PO NOW: Lydia - Liquor

Lydia new LP is up for PO:

With six albums and multiple tours under their belt, the desert dwellers of Lydia are ready to make their next move: the band is announcing their seventh full length Liquor, coming July 13 via Sony imprint Weekday Records. The release of the first single “Goodside” (on Youtube and Vevo today, DSPs tomorrow) promises fans and new listeners an expansive, experimental version of their catchy blend of emo-tinged indie folk. Liquor sees the band maintaining their DIY punk spirit while exploring new sonic territory, including a collaboration with labelmateLauren Ruth Ward.

PO here http://lydia.merchnow.com/

first single: http://weekdayrecords.com/2018/03/08/lydia-new-ablum-liquor/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m really, really loving this album.  Admittedly, I haven’t listened to a single thing from these guys since “Illumination,” so I wasn’t sure what to expect besides enjoying “Goodside” (which is what made me pre-order).  Pretty big fan of the “dark/dance-y” vibe they have going on now.  Not sure if that’s how their stuff has been after Illumination or if it seems like they were working up to this point.  Either way, kinda kicking myself for not grabbing their last couple albums, or however many, when I had the chance.

Also, this is one of the coolest looking variants I’ve seen ever.

4 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

I’m really, really loving this album.  Admittedly, I haven’t listened to a single thing from these guys since “Illumination,” so I wasn’t sure what to expect besides enjoying “Goodside” (which is what made me pre-order).  Pretty big fan of the “dark/dance-y” vibe they have going on now.  Not sure if that’s how their stuff has been after Illumination or if it seems like they were working up to this point.  Either way, kinda kicking myself for not grabbing their last couple albums, or however many, when I had the chance.

Also, this is one of the coolest looking variants I’ve seen ever.

They turned out really nice