Finally!!!

From Facebook:

Our second full length album, Myra, will be released on Fysisk Format, May 31!

Pre-order at Platebutikken Tiger: bit.ly/Myra_Pre-order
Digital pre-order at: spurv.bandcamp.com/album/myra

The album is a wordless exploration of the enigma of existence through intense and melodic music, noisy drones, orchestral clusters and emotional post rock/metal. Myra is Norwegian for “the marsh.” The album includes musical contributions from among others Ole-Henrik Moe/Kari Rønnekleiv and Tore Ylvisaker/ Ole Alexander Halstensgård (Ulver). Recorded in Malabar Studio by Martin Bowitz (Cold Mailman) and Rajneesh Yrjö-Jurkka Piirakka Maneesh/Emil Nikolaisen (Serena-Maneesh (Official)), mixed by Bowitz and Jørgen Smådal Larsen. Mastered by Magnus Lindberg Productions (Cult of Luna). The album cover is painted by our dear friend Christer Karlstad.

Stay tuned, already next week we’ll release the first single of the album: “og ny skog bæres frem”

There are 2 variants:  Black and a LTD "dual color" black/grey A-side/B-side.  No word on whether they are 180g yet. 

Tigernet prices:

Standard black - 18.6 euros  (22.92 usd via google - 25.58usd via Bandcamp)

LTD - 21.2 euros  (26.12 usd via google - 28.15usd via Bandcamp)

USA fans:  I will be conducting a group-buy with this album!  I am trying to tally some numbers because Bandcamp lets us get unlimited number of Myra for only 16.45usd but if you try adding Skarntyde and Blader Som Faller, it adds those records' individual shipping prices to the total without a discount.  If we go from Tigernet, we are limited to 6 records at 17.7 euros because adding more jumps us to 40 euros.  I have messages out to the band regarding their Bandcamp shipping, and will report back when they have a chance to look into the issue.

Send me a message if you'd like to join in! 

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Is there a single up anywhere?  I hear a lot about this band but don’t recall checking out their prior work.  I may be interested though.

First single coming next Monday.  And you've never listened to them?!?!  Duuuuuude!  Skarntyde is a masterpiece.  https://spurv.bandcamp.com/album/skarntyde

The opening track "Passacaglia" is their big hit song that everyone raves about (and rightfully so) but my favorite is the closing number "Hvorfor er Det". 

39 minutes ago, ganaar7575 said:

I am in for the limited version if we can get enough interest.  I have enjoyed this band since hearing them years ago.  I still want there earlier releases if I can get them at reasonable prices.

Send me your info!  We're doing it regardless because we'll save money.... it's just that there's more savings the more people we get :)

Vinyl of Skarntyde and Blader Som Faller are still available from bandcamp, so send me a message with what you would like!

Whoa, didn't even know this was coming. Probably AOTY, or at least a top contender, unless they really change their sound.

EDIT: @Gumbo72203 Put me down tentatively for a std. black copy + Blader som Faller..., if you hear back that the shipping won't be a backbreaker. Somehow I still don't own anything from these guys on vinyl.

Edited by omik11303

1 hour ago, omik11303 said:

Whoa, didn't even know this was coming. Probably AOTY, or at least a top contender, unless they really change their sound.

EDIT: @Gumbo72203 Put me down tentatively for a std. black copy + Blader som Faller..., if you hear back that the shipping won't be a backbreaker. Somehow I still don't own anything from these guys on vinyl.

Gotcha buddy!  If we can't get the Bandcamp shipping discount like Tigernet gets us, then we'll just go through Tigernet.  Anything with Blader Som Faller has to come from the band though, so I'm hoping we can keep that shipping discount and that it's just a glitch in their bandcamp structuring.  Wait, why don't you have Skarntyde already?!?!

But yeah, I'm so psyched.  They played a new song at Dunk and it was awesome, but I remember ZERO of how it went.  I was so jet-lagged and sleep-deprived, that weekend is a blur on most accounts haha.  I mean, I fell asleep during PG.Lost's set for fucks sake, and missed Yes I Am and Kind Heart of Langernon lol.  That was a valuable lesson learned that I cannot do things at 31 that I could at 23.  40 hours of no sleep plus a 6-hour time difference will fuck you RIGHT up haha. 

3 hours ago, forgivemyfailures said:

Put me down for a copy of Myra Ltd if we can get it, otherwise I’ll still buy.  Also one copy of Skarntyde and Blader som Faller (if you go through the band).   Thanks!

You got it boss.  I heard back from the band, they told me to just let them know what our final count is and then we'll get the cheapest shipping possible!

For everyone else, I'll probably leave this open for a week.  A number of you are getting multiple records, so I just need to make sure I have enough mailers on hand myself as well for everyone, and I don't necessarily want to make the band ship us 40 records haha.  That might get unwieldy.  Our count is 11 records and 3 cds so far as is.... haha.

I probably should just open up a distro! 

On 3/13/2018 at 8:55 PM, mrewest said:

Put me in for the ltd new one!  Unlike you slackers, I already have the first two :P

Done

On 3/13/2018 at 3:06 PM, Freki said:

Yeah I may get in on this too. Let us know when there's a drop-dead date.

I think we're going to have to close this up soon, this is huge already!  If we include you, that puts us at 16 records.  This may be the biggest VC group-buy yet.... although I know the Toundra and Kokomo ones were pretty sizable, but i didn't handle those. 

I'm going to try getting a quote from the band tonight or tomorrow.  I also don't want to make it too unwieldy on myself haha.

EDIT:

For everyone's notice, the price fluctuates daily based on the conversion rate for Bandcamp so I think, just to make the math easy, I am going to just round things up to the nearest .50 if you guys are cool with that?  This will also build some leeway into the changing market rates.  Given my experience with the BLAK group buy and the difference between the Paypal rate and the Google-searchable rate, I'd like to build some safety into what I quote you guys.  Because right now, Google is giving me a slightly different price than Bandcamp is for the conversion.  For instance, Skarntyde is 200 NOK, and Google tells me that's 25.89, but at checkout Bandcamp says it's 25.87. 

This is the price breakdown on Bandcamp as of today:

Myra LTD - 28.33

Myra STD - 25.74

Skarntyde - 25.87

Blader Som Faller - 19.40

So, just to make the math cleaner for all involved, as long as you guys are cool with it, I'm going to put it at 28.50, 26.00, 26.00, and 19.50.  I think this will make our lives much easier overall.  But please, if any of you have an issue with this, just let me know!  For example, the Myra LTD has already risen .18 since my initial post, so I think this may be a viable stop-gap. 

Anyway, I have everyone in this thread listed on my spreadsheet... I think we'll close this out on Monday, given our volume already!  Thanks for the quick responses everyone, it makes these things much, much easier :) 

Edited by Gumbo72203

18 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

That’s a killer first track.  Sounds like a nice tone setter.  That crunchy as hell bass at about the 2:45 mark was niiiice.  You’re dead on with that “familiar but new” sound.  Color me excited!

EDIT:  I suppose that crunchy bass is actually throughout the whole song (missed it upon first listen just using shitty phone speaker).  But listening again the song as a whole is even better.  Sounds like they are upping the heaviness here but keeping their over orchestral sound as well.  Giggity.

Edited by mrewest

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

I think I’m out.

You'd said you were out before, so I didn't include you ;)

1 hour ago, omik11303 said:

Unfortunately I am out as well. Nothing to do with the new track (actually haven't listened yet) - there's just no way I can justify a $55+ vinyl splurge right now.

Are you sure?  I'm awaiting to hear back from the band on a shipping quote, as I'd given them the current total last week.  Do you want to at least wait and hear what they come back with?