6 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Okay guys, I am closing this out!  I am just waiting on confirmations from two separate people, as well as a double-check confirmation on the shipping cost (we are getting a ridiculous deal from the band....) and then I will run calculations and send messages to everybody :) 

STOKEEDDDDDDD

15 hours ago, mrewest said:

STOKEEDDDDDDD

RIGHT? 

So, I just sent a message over to the band to confirm our totals and confirm my pricing structure and make sure everything is cool.  Once I get the okay from them that the estimate is valid, I will send you guys messages individually.  I will include price breakdowns and show how everything works out, because we have a few new people joining our group this time :) 

Just to review:

@EquinoxDesignLab - Myra LTD, Skarntyde

@forgivemyfailures - Myra LTD, Skarntyde, Blader Som Faller

@ganaar7575 - Myra LTD, Skarntyde, Blader Som Faller

@mrewest - Myra LTD

Again, once I hear back from the band that my total that I arrived at is valid for them, we'll be good to go!  I am using the quoted prices I posted back a little bit, and they are being very kind on the shipping discount, cutting it in half to approximately $45 USD (!!!) so once I get that confirmation from them, we'll be set to roll!  For those of you buying 3 records, I am quoting Media Mail at $5 because I just don't recall how much 3 records is, so if there is an extra dollar or whatever after, I will refund that to you :) 

One thing VERY important to note:  Please send the payments as a GIFT to Friends/Family.  Otherwise, Paypal takes a cut of the money, and that throws our total off.  When you log in to Paypal from a computer, this is the 2nd option from the left, in the top row.  The icon is a circle with a wavy dollar bill. 

If you are new, and would like to check in with any of the many people here who have joined our group buys before, the most recent was the BLAK album, so you can check out that thread and message anybody to check up on me as a reference for your own peace of mind :) 

EDIT:  Just heard back from the band that our total is okay to go.  I need to get working on my homework though so I will try to send individual messages out to you guys later tonight or tomorrow!!!  Here we go!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, just a quick little update.  I've gotten money from most of you, so thank you!  I am just waiting on two more people! 

I've heard from the band, and the record is set to drop June 1st but if we get the money all over to them ASAP, we can probably get our copies much earlier :) 

If anybody else wants to jump on board, I may have some additional spots too!

Hey guys!  Just waiting to hear back from @forgivemyfailures and then we're all set to go!  Thankfully we still have some time before the album is released, but your cash is just sitting patiently in my Paypal balance.

If anybody else wants to join in, I can still take a couple more orders.  The band has graciously given us a huge break on shipping, but if any of us drop out, they said they cannot adjust their shipping price accordingly, and we would then have to cover about $1.75 more a piece to make up the difference.  Let's hope we don't have to do that! 

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so, I'm still waiting on payment from our friend @forgivemyfailures 

I will be leaving for Dunk a week from today and will not be arriving back home until Monday the 14th.  I'm not sure of the tactful way to deal with this, but in the event that he does bail (he said he wouldn't!) we will all need to pitch in another 1.75 in order to cover his share of the Euro shipping, because the band is firm at their price of $45 which is a hell of a deal they're giving us (50% off). 

Everyone's money is still sitting tight in my Paypal balance, just waiting for this last payment so I can send it all over to the band!  If you guys want to just call it before I go, instead of waiting further, I guess I'm cool with that.  The band had said that we could get our records early if we get the payment over to them in time.  So, I will leave that to you guys!  I'm fine either way. 

Last of the money is finally coming in, I have received half of Forgivemyfailures' payment.  I'm going to message the band, and maybe they'll be cool to ship the package out prior and then I'll get them the rest of his payment once I return.

Hopefully we'll have these in hand soon!  I'll update you guys as soon as I have anything to report.  Thank you all again!  This makes group buy #.....  4?  5?  I don't even remember anymore honestly haha. 

EDIT:

Heard back from the band, they don't even have the records yet.  So, we'll have to wait until after I get home from Dunk once I get the rest of Forgivemyfailures' payment regardless.  I'm trying to wrestle one more single out of them too :P

Edited by Gumbo72203

• 3 weeks later...

so.... i know I missed this group buy. anyone up for another? they have multiple variants of myra up on bandcamp plus skarntyde on black vinyl. 

https://spurv.bandcamp.com/album/myra

https://spurv.bandcamp.com/album/skarntyde

shipping seems to max out at $30 which is terrible for ordering just 2 records but awesome for 10+. let me know if anyones up for grouping (USA only, suckas). not sure if the dual color black/grey for myra is a new color as i dumbly was not following the original group buy discussion, but some might be interested in another variant if so. just got the bandcamp email this morning for the vinyl

3 hours ago, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

so.... i know I missed this group buy. anyone up for another? they have multiple variants of myra up on bandcamp plus skarntyde on black vinyl. 

shipping seems to max out at $30 which is terrible for ordering just 2 records but awesome for 10+. let me know if anyones up for grouping (USA only, suckas). not sure if the dual color black/grey for myra is a new color as i dumbly was not following the original group buy discussion, but some might be interested in another variant if so. just got the bandcamp email this morning for the vinyl

Unfortunately they already sent our package this week, I tried! 

The two variants are the Gray/Black merge and the Standard Black. 

Keep an eye out though, because I'm always doing these kinds of things.  I have another going for the new Deafheaven record EU 180g color variant, if you're interested!  I think this Spurv one makes....  christ, let's see...  Glasir, Show Me A Dinosaur, Spurv, Silent Whale, BLAK...  i feel like I'm forgetting one or two more. 

If you message the band on Facebook about shipping, they are VERY good at responding and are so easy to deal with.  $30 shipping might be a glitch for 2 records in Bandcamp, it's worth asking. 

I don't regret not getting in on the group buy, but this album is phenomenal, mostly due to the awesomeness of the last four tracks. The first half kinda drags, in my opinion - this is definitely a band with a sound that works better with longer songs. Very curious to hear about the sound quality considering this album is ~47 minutes.

21 hours ago, omik11303 said:

I don't regret not getting in on the group buy, but this album is phenomenal, mostly due to the awesomeness of the last four tracks. The first half kinda drags, in my opinion - this is definitely a band with a sound that works better with longer songs. Very curious to hear about the sound quality considering this album is ~47 minutes.

What do you mean, about the sound quality? 

Regardless, this album is a smoker.  I wasn't expecting the shift to the raging post-metal riffing.  The peak of track 3 is just bonkers.  I would have normally agreed with you about the longer songs, they gave us one "classic" Spurv track towards the end there, but the other ones work just as well.  They're just different...  like Sad Heart of Mine vs. Castles or Sycamore or whatever.  I'm hoping they come back to Dunk now because these tunes I think will be utterly savage on the stage. 

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

What do you mean, about the sound quality? 

I mean, after seeing the track times, that maybe they should've split this into a 2xLP. A 47 minute album means that a single LP averages 23 minutes and change per side, and several record manufacturers explicitly refuse to cut a side longer than 20 min because the sound quality starts falling off sharply once you exceed it. There are exceptions, but that's a general rule.

2 hours ago, omik11303 said:

I mean, after seeing the track times, that maybe they should've split this into a 2xLP. A 47 minute album means that a single LP averages 23 minutes and change per side, and several record manufacturers explicitly refuse to cut a side longer than 20 min because the sound quality starts falling off sharply once you exceed it. There are exceptions, but that's a general rule.

hmmm....   yeah i'm not sure.  Judging from the pictures they put up, it seems tracks 1-5 are on one side, and 6-8 must be on the back.  I suppose we'll see what happens!  but yeah, it seems making this a 2xLP would have been the wiser decision. 

EDIT:  Checking Skarntyde, that album is 21:43 and 22:48 per side, and I've never noticed anything in terms of poor sound.  I'll spin it again soon and check though. 

Edited by Gumbo72203

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 7:21 AM, My Upvote is A Downvote said:

I'd prob be down for Skarntyde if this gets traction.

• 6 months later...