PO (Soon): Pearl Jam - LP11

They just released "Can't Deny Me", off their forthcoming 11th album.

Mixed reviews to the single (can't find a link to a YouTube stream, but it's on Spotify). Some say it sounds badass and like he's channeling Cornell and The Clash while they're being classic politically charged PJ and others say that Ed's voice sounds strained and that it's a lyrically empty track.

After many listens, I'm in the first camp and I can't WAIT for this album. 

4 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Where did it say it's off their "forthcoming album" besides PJ fans jumping to conclusions? I really hope this is not an indication of something that is on a new album, because it's fairly subpar and I actually like Backspacer.

It came from the email blast they sent out this morning.

“Can’t Deny Me” from the band’s forthcoming album is now available on PearlJam.com and all digital and streaming services.

The track was first released as a surprise early download to the Ten Club last Saturday.

2 minutes ago, highfives said:

It came from the email blast they sent out this morning.

“Can’t Deny Me” from the band’s forthcoming album is now available on PearlJam.com and all digital and streaming services.

The track was first released as a surprise early download to the Ten Club last Saturday.

That's disheartening.

3 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Anyone expecting anything great or even solid at this point from PJ is delusional. 

I really enjoyed Lightning Bolt. I'm not expecting them to recreate what was already done, but that new single sounds like it was Dropbox recorded in one day. Is Cameron even playing the drums? They sound like a drum machine. I dunno, I'm hoping the album is good.

4 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

Anyone expecting anything great or even solid at this point from PJ is delusional. 

I don't mean to be a STAN but I love each album they've put out. Despite the fact that they went from grunge -> alt rock -> art rock, I think that they definitely have maintained interesting lyricism and songwriting throughout their whole career. High hopes for the new album. 

It could happen. But This tour seems to an amalgamation of the the 2013 tour before LB and the 2009 tour before BS where both albums came out after some touring (especially in SA and Europe) so that leads me to think the album could be out after the stadium shows and before maybe a Nov/Dec US tour.

We saw the bulk of tour dates AFTER those albums came out. I don't think the currently announced tour is as widespread as the late 2009/2013 tours were.  That makes me think its a fall release.

Edited by timsimmons

• 2 months later...