Ultra Vinyl Releases

Jack White release Lazaretto Ultra LP in 2014 which had a ton of interesting features within the Vinyl Record. Is anyone aware of similar LE releases that could be considered "Ultra" pressings or any expected releases upcoming?

There have been posts about it on this forum but the Ultra edition LP included: 

-    2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
-    1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record 
-    Side A plays from the inside out
-    Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
-    Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
-    Both sides end with locked grooves
-    Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
-    Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
-    Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering

52 minutes ago, timmayd said:

Jack White release Lazaretto Ultra LP in 2014 which had a ton of interesting features within the Vinyl Record. Is anyone aware of similar LE releases that could be considered "Ultra" pressings or any expected releases upcoming?

-    1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM, one plays at 45 RPM, making this a 3-speed record 
-    Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for “Just One Drink” depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
-    Matte finish on Side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
-    Dead wax area on Side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record

Ok.

On 3/16/2018 at 6:01 PM, Kanye West said:

Vinyl Moon tends to have crazy packaging on all their releases: https://www.vinylmoon.co/thecollection/

Richard Houghten/bloomypetal/A Cosmic Gift's releases tend to have holograms and crazy stuff but they go FAST

Very cool, I hadn't seen their site before

On 3/16/2018 at 6:33 PM, timmayd said:

It must stand for "ULTRA-fucking-annoying-to-actually-listen-to-good-thing-this-is-just-for-your-portfolio". Fuck this is some dumb shit all on one record.

When playing against an opponent with your Vinylmon deck, two Ultra LPs beat any common release, but a MegaUltra LP can only be beaten by a SuperMegaUltra LP, and only two of those have ever been pulled in the wild.

That’s all discounting the use of a Healing 7” (+/- 45rpms of HP) which will make these numbers vary wildly. 

2 hours ago, Die Laughing said:

Too gimmicky for me.  I'm about to sell my copy.  Can't stand the dude anymore.

Him as an artist I could care less about. This album in particular, I could really care less about. The gimmicks is what I find so interesting. To me, they're pushing the medium. For a format that has been around longer than most of us on this forum, it's interesting to see the execution of new ideas on an old iconic format. I'm surprised someone like Bjork who is always experimenting with delivery hasn't created something outstanding.

38 minutes ago, timmayd said:

For a format that has been around longer than most of us on this forum, it's interesting to see the execution of new ideas on an old iconic format.

Pretty sure every single one of those gimmicks have been used on previous records. The only thing that makes Lazaretto unique is that all the gimmicks are on one record.

35 minutes ago, timmayd said:

Awesome little easter egg there.

I remember reading about it when I was in a Monty Python Obsessive phase, they come and go...I recently finished a Red Dwarf Phase, but I need to finish series 9-12....then I can be done till the next one....

My copy of it has the jiggy.

53 minutes ago, Battra said:

I remember reading about it when I was in a Monty Python Obsessive phase, they come and go...I recently finished a Red Dwarf Phase, but I need to finish series 9-12....then I can be done till the next one....

My copy of it has the jiggy.

I remember seasons 9 and 10 being a bit trying, but seasons 11 and 12 have recaptured enough of that magic to be a lot of fun.