PO NOW: Dance Gavin Dance Artificial Selection

8 hours ago, FiggyPud said:

Yeah this will forever be the one band that has never and will never let me down.  Kind of a bold statement but their track record speaks for itself.

Everything that’s comes out since Tilian joined has been solid fuckin gold, man. They also kill it live. 

23 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

This is one of the most consistently good bands that I know of. None of their albums have ever let me down, so I have full trust in them. . 

Well I mean I agree absolutely that their stuff is consistently good and grabbed a /750 but I've still never spent more than $40 on a single record because that just doesn't make sense to me. Also never done a VIP because it seems lame that they can't just stand near the merch table for 20 minutes.  Sure when it's like a full acoustic session or whatever, but I don't have some amazing $40 question for them.

Edited by MCDELTAT

2 minutes ago, MCDELTAT said:

Well I mean I agree absolutely that their stuff is consistently good and grabbed a /750 but I've still never spent more than $40 on a single record because that just doesn't make sense to me. Also never done a VIP because it seems lame that they can't just stand near the merch table for 20 minutes.  Sure when it's like a full acoustic session or whatever, but I don't have some amazing $40 question for them.

I feel you. I actually didn't get VIP because Sound Rink ripped me off of $40 a couple of years ago and I refuse to give them any of my future money. 

There's only certain bands I variant collect for and when they release new stuff I have to jump on it. Otherwise, I rarely ever preorder albums for bands that I'm not extremely invested in. I need to hear the music first. 

2 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

I feel you. I actually didn't get VIP because Sound Rink ripped me off of $40 a couple of years ago and I refuse to give them any of my future money. 

There's only certain bands I variant collect for and when they release new stuff I have to jump on it. Otherwise, I rarely ever preorder albums for bands that I'm not extremely invested in. I need to hear the music first. 

shit what happened with Sound Rink? Don't have much experience with them

1 hour ago, Dojo Daniel said:

shit what happened with Sound Rink? Don't have much experience with them

Long story short a family emergency didn't constitute a refund for not being able to make the meet and greet. I can justify that to a certain degree, but then they never gave me any of the VIP items. It was a whole debacle. 

On 3/28/2018 at 4:57 PM, FiggyPud said:

Yeah this will forever be the one band that has never and will never let me down.  Kind of a bold statement but their track record speaks for itself.

I'm looking to dive into a new band and I'm not too familiar with these guys.  Which album should I start with?

50 minutes ago, ShitPost Malone said:

I'm looking to dive into a new band and I'm not too familiar with these guys.  Which album should I start with?

For what they sound like now and their touring setlist since late 2016, Mothership. Everyone seems to have a different favorite album.

1 hour ago, ShitPost Malone said:

“Downtown Battle Mountain” is my personal favorite, so I would start with that.  Followed by “Self-Titled” (aka Deathstar), then “Mothership.”

3 hours ago, ShitPost Malone said:

Hey Malone.  As an expert lyricist, I think you should start with the song that goes;

When she talks, I listen

She's in the shower and her skin glistens

Like oh my god I like it

Like, oh ho god I like it

I suggest a drive, let's take the backroad
Let's get lost, let's lose our minds

Hey little girl I think we found it tonight

I think we glow that fucking bright, oh
And when she laughs I like it
Like oh-ha, ha, ha, ha, ha

Holy shit she smells like heaven

Been best friends since we were eleven

And oh my god I like her

Yeah, I heard you like her

Baby, I thought that we had something

Compared to him I'm next to nothing

And oh my god I like her

Yeah, I heard you like her

I AM A MILLION FUCKING BUCKS

I AM A THOUSAND FUCKING BUCKS

YOUR BITCH IS DEAD

SHE WAS HIT BY A TRUCK

WHAT THE FUCK

Edited by Derek™

3 minutes ago, FiggyPud said:

It really is a good one.  Catchy as hell.

For sure.  On par with chlamydia.

You’re one of the chillest dudes to interact with on the boards, and you post in great threads consistently.  Hope you and everyone else aren’t taking too much stock from my posts.  DGD’s various vocalists have always bugged the shit out of me and I think their lyrics are frequently cringey.  Never got the appeal but not with a lack of trying various records over the years.  Some great musicianship, at least.  Just not for me, but I’m happy everyone has been pleased with their streak of albums.  Hopefully the new one delivers for you guys.

6 hours ago, ShitPost Malone said:

I personally like Whatever I Say is Royal Ocean  because it's the first thing I ever heard from them on MySpace in 2006. Downtown Battle Mountain is also my second favorite. 

I wish I jumped on at least one of those variants but I've been on a buying spree and figured I shouldn't. 

Edited by pizza face

25 minutes ago, pizza face said:

I personally like Whatever I Say is Royal Ocean  because it's the first thing I ever heard from them on MySpace in 2006. Downtown Battle Mountain is also my second favorite. 

I wish I jumped on at least one of those variants but I've been on a buying spree and figured I shouldn't. 

I bought a 4pack bundle like the psychopath I am. If you want one of the four I will give you some sort of cost+shipping sort of thing.

I expect I will keep 1-2 tops. 

Also.
Controversial opinion, but,  The self titled album is my favorite. But I really do love each and every one of them, not a single dud. 

1 hour ago, Derek™ said:

For sure.  On par with chlamydia.

Hide contents

You’re one of the chillest dudes to interact with on the boards, and you post in great threads consistently.  Hope you and everyone else aren’t taking too much stock from my posts.  DGD’s various vocalists have always bugged the shit out of me and I think their lyrics are frequently cringey.  Never got the appeal but not with a lack of trying various records over the years.  Some great musicianship, at least.  Just not for me, but I’m happy everyone has been pleased with their streak of albums.  Hopefully the new one delivers for you guys.

Nothing but love here man.  I’m the last person you’ll see jumping down someone’s throat for not liking something I do.

23 minutes ago, V3XED said:

I bought a 4pack bundle like the psychopath I am. If you want one of the four I will give you some sort of cost+shipping sort of thing.

I expect I will keep 1-2 tops. 

Also.
Controversial opinion, but,  The self titled album is my favorite. But I really do love each and every one of them, not a single dud. 

Ah word. That's what's up. What variants come in that? There's an orange/black swirl on the site but it doesn't match the artwork so I'm iffy about it. I appreciate it though I'll most likely take you up on that