Camp Punk in Drublic

19 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Camping always included tickets to the Friday night pre-show. I think they just forgot to tell people that, like the $50 weekend pass, the $99 camping pass was also limited and would go up in price after the first day of availability (or after a certain amount sold out, whichever came first).

The funny thing was it sold out at $99 before I could buy one, then when I went to place my order, it reappeared at both $99 and $129 price points but the $99 one said SOLD OUT next to it, although it still let me add it to my cart and check out. So someone must've botched the inventory or something. Either way, I'm all in for around $250 total for the weekend, and my wife is hella pumped.

Ah. I was on pretty early and only saw the $129 camping but since the Kickoff Party was included didn't even think twice about it. Weird that they sold so few camping passes at the low price.

5 minutes ago, shenanigans said:

Ah. I was on pretty early and only saw the $129 camping but since the Kickoff Party was included didn't even think twice about it. Weird that they sold so few camping passes at the low price.

I think they probably sold too many at the $99 price, hence the sudden price jump with no warning.

• 1 month later...
On 3/27/2018 at 9:34 AM, snowynz said:

Considering flying out from NZ, just have to distract the wife and kids for a few days and make a clean getaway

That lineup is incredible! Rancid havent been here for about 20 years!?

Where'd you land on this? You get the approval? I saw there were $900 return to LA flights the other week so that would've bought some of the cost down

• 2 weeks later...

from reports it was actually eric martin the guitarist who said it not fat mike.

I saw them about a week and a half ago at punk n drublic and they did far less crowd banter.  I actually stopped listening when they weren't playing songs because I always grow very tired of them going on and on...  fat mike was so drunk he actually fell off the stage and cut open his hand.  guess he was more focused on that...

12 hours ago, throughbeingcruel said:

That’s just run-of-the-mill Fat Mike tho. As mentioned above, he’s done and said way gnarlier shit. 

Well yeah but its a different time. And I don't remember him ever making 9/11 jokes in New York 6 months after it happened. "oh thats just the way he is" is the same thing you'd say about a racist grand father. It doesn't make what he said ok.

22 hours ago, dynamitekid said:

Well yeah but its a different time. And I don't remember him ever making 9/11 jokes in New York 6 months after it happened. "oh thats just the way he is" is the same thing you'd say about a racist grand father. It doesn't make what he said ok.

No one is saying that it makes what he said okay, it's just calling out people who let him say worse shit in the past, mainly the same people upset with him now.  He's a shithead of a person, always has been, he's the Roseanne of punk