Camp Punk in Drublic

21 hours ago, scottheisel said:

Camp PID was rad. Tons of good bands, most everyone was chill. I didn’t see any overt negativity or fighting. The Interrupters and Descendents had the sets of the weekend in my opinion. 

Saw that video going around with Jello joining the Descendents on stage for "Police Truck", seemed pretty fun

59 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Saw that video going around with Jello joining the Descendents on stage for "Police Truck", seemed pretty fun

Oh wow, I never in a million years thought I'd be like "Damn, that would've been cool to see" in response to something happening at a summer camp out fest put together by fucking NOFX.

On 6/1/2018 at 10:13 AM, dynamitekid said:

Well yeah but its a different time. And I don't remember him ever making 9/11 jokes in New York 6 months after it happened. "oh thats just the way he is" is the same thing you'd say about a racist grand father. It doesn't make what he said ok.

Obviously we can go in circles on this all day and I agree comparing it to saying something about 9/11 in NY would be the right comparison, but it's entertainment. How much racist, homophobic, sexist shit do comedians say all the time and get a pass because it's comedy? He tried to be entertaining and he fucked up.

18 hours ago, shenanigans said:

Obviously we can go in circles on this all day and I agree comparing it to saying something about 9/11 in NY would be the right comparison, but it's entertainment. How much racist, homophobic, sexist shit do comedians say all the time and get a pass because it's comedy? He tried to be entertaining and he fucked up.

Comedians don’t get a free pass. They are subject to ridicule the same as anyone else. Chappelle got heat not that long ago for Transgender comments. It’s all how you handle it. In his follow up specials he addressed the issue and for the most part people moved on. 

Tom Segura had the same issue with “Retard”. 

NOFX will be fine in the long run, but there will be immediate backlash. The band could have been more proactive and talked to the festivals and sponsors and offered to donate their payment for camp punk in drublic and next years PRB. (Don’t worry they could still make money other ways). And work with the brewery’s to make a beer like “i heard they’re not funny live” or something dumb. They basically accepted their fate by trying to wait it out. 

Edited by Tidal Wave

Exactly how should NOFX go about pleasing the people who are using their masterpiece record’s title as the name of their camp out festival, which is a business venture to make money off the band’s work? Come the fuck on.

Comedians do get a pass, there is literally a section of standup that only consists of offending and pissing people off. Stop being so fucking sensitive. Making fun of someone is not, and will not ever be comparable to rape or any type of physical assault. They’re fucking words for fucks sake.

• 2 weeks later...