PO: Strung Out - Black Out The Sky

My 2 cents on this, which other people have mentioned before.  I rather not have a single consolidated record label's thread, like Fat.  Fat has so many bands that it doesn't make sense to bunch them all together.  Some people may only like a few of the label's bands.  For myself, I only like a few Fat bands like Good Riddance, Strung Out, NUFAN.

19 hours ago, thebigbasic said:

This went up 3/5.  Color sold out same day. Follow the fat wreck preorder thread, most of the releases get bunch together there instead of individual threads. That’s worked for me recently.

I follow the preorders, I actually had this in my cart but forgot to finish the paypal checkout.  So dumb.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2018 at 6:16 PM, throck said:

If this thread already exists I couldn't find it.

New Strung Out acoustic album out on Fat May 11.

http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/981

I managed to mess up and miss the color preorder, so let me know if anyone has a spare.

I should have an extra color copy. 

1 hour ago, throck said:

That would be super helpful.  

The Epitaph version that was just announced today is a different pressing.  Doesn't say how many will be pressed.

Yeah that Kings road is a diff press color. So I should have a fat pre order color spare. Pm me and we discuss a trade or something if you want. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Vaporwave Meme Poster said:

I was just going to ask if this album is as awful as the last. Thanks for clarifying.

It's not that Transmission alpha delta was awful. It's just that nothing stood out. The few records before that had 3-5 great tracks and the rest were filler. I feel that the band suffers from a bit of Ramones syndrome whereas the first few records rocked start to finish and as they progressed  they were able to top themselves for only a few songs per LP and dialed it in for the rest or tried and missed really badly. 

On this new record 5 of the 6 new tracks range from great to classic. The two reworking of old tracks easily top the originals. I barely remember the original version of Unkoil and the new version of Matchbook manages to rock harder than the original despite being an almost acoustic jam. 

I only wish they had tacked on a couple extra redos or covers. 10 songs would make it feel like a proper LP.