PJ Harvey - rare vinyl in her store

3 minutes ago, Lugubrious said:

What was actually available? Most stuff is sold out. 

Everything that is/was listed they had copies of. I grabbed a signed Demos LP and some of the earlier LPs.

5 minutes ago, kannibal said:

All not in print LPs are gone. What was “it ain’t cheap” (how much were they)?

£50-£75

4 hours ago, colbourne25 said:

That would be a real kick in the guts to the people who just forked out super inflated prices on these ones...

Eh, these were super cheap. Stories, Uh Huh Her, and Is this Desire have been hundreds of dollars for years. I certainly paid much more than what they just sold for. 

29 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Eh, these were super cheap. Stories, Uh Huh Her, and Is this Desire have been hundreds of dollars for years. I certainly paid much more than what they just sold for. 

True but if they did announce represses the values of these originals would most likely drop substantially and it would suck for anyone who just bought these because it is the only way to listen to them  vs someone who wants them as a collectors item. I don't see represses coming soon but we all see represses of much less in demand items so these have to happen someday.

9 minutes ago, fish said:

True but if they did announce represses the values of these originals would most likely drop substantially and it would suck for anyone who just bought these because it is the only way to listen to them  vs someone who wants them as a collectors item. I don't see represses coming soon but we all see represses of much less in demand items so these have to happen someday.

Agreed. I'd be curious to know what the average % drop is for albums that are in the few hundred dollar range, after the repress happens. I wouldn't think more than 25-35%?  I'd assume most people that would buy the original pressings would be more collectors, not just people who have to find a way to listen to it on vinyl. i.e. a casual fan isn't going to plump down $100-200 just to listen to it on vinyl.

46 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

Agreed. I'd be curious to know what the average % drop is for albums that are in the few hundred dollar range, after the repress happens. I wouldn't think more than 25-35%?  I'd assume most people that would buy the original pressings would be more collectors, not just people who have to find a way to listen to it on vinyl. i.e. a casual fan isn't going to plump down $100-200 just to listen to it on vinyl.

Probably depends on the artists and their crazy fan bases. I know that PJ's no code would sell for $200 regularly a couple years ago, and now you can find them under $100. Still not cheap, but definitely worth a lot less.  I also snagged an OG copy of Sun Kil Moon's Ghosts recently for under $100 which was unheard of not long ago. 

• 2 weeks later...