41 minutes ago, gazzo said:

28$ shipping

ez pass

I rarely sell records but I did mail a couple internationally this week and also had to update Discogs stupid shipping policies. Postage alone is $25 - $26, which is awful, but just curious why you're surprised it's $28 if you're in Belgium.

52 minutes ago, chiefwahoo said:

I rarely sell records but I did mail a couple internationally this week and also had to update Discogs stupid shipping policies. Postage alone is $25 - $26, which is awful, but just curious why you're surprised it's $28 if you're in Belgium.

He is not suprised, just stated he won't buying it. How is it different when you americans making a scene about 9-10 dollar shipping and no media mail option? 

Edited by xfactor675

Yeah, you americans! :D

In all seriousness though, many smaller artists are now using larger merchandising / fulfillment services, probably at lower profits, but with a much wider reach, as those companies can secure much better international rates. While yes, for an individual standard overseas shipping for an LP is $25+, many independent artists can get their records shipped for around $10 through those companies. 

Edited by slinch

27 minutes ago, slinch said:

Yeah, you americans! :D

In all seriousness though, many smaller artists are now using larger merchandising / fulfillment services, probably at lower profits, but with a much wider reach, as those companies can secure much better international rates. While yes, for an individual standard overseas shipping for an LP is $25+, many independent artists can get their records shipped for around $10 through those companies. 

That would explain it, thank you!

1 hour ago, linksisfromcanada said:

I thought about the bundle as it would have been great to say I had every variant (including that auctioned off test press), but went with black. I haven't bought every variant of a record since The Hotelier released Goodness. 

I initially wanted to go with the bundle too but after tax and shipping it was close to $25 more than just grabbing the cool ass splatter and limited black copy.  I couldn't choose between the 2 so just grabbed both lol

• 1 year later...
7 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

So this band is releasing the second "comeback" record with bunch of redos of old songs and demos. My question is why? Especially with basically 2 perfect records back in the day. Should have stayed that way if they don't have new ideas... 

This appears to be a collection of actual B-sides/rarities, whereas Malo was (I believe) re-recorded songs written in 2007, right? 

2 hours ago, scottheisel said:

This appears to be a collection of actual B-sides/rarities, whereas Malo was (I believe) re-recorded songs written in 2007, right? 

This description from Brooklynvegan makes it sound like malo was a lost album and they just did their best to make it sound good and then released it. But I’m not 100% sure. 

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/audio-karate-releasing-lost-album-malo-watch-the-sin-cuchillo-video/

During 2018, Jason dug up his old MacBook which contained the Protools files for the 13 songs recorded in 2007 at Lady Melody Studio. A time capsule of sorts, AK learned the songs were a lot closer to complete than previously thought, many of the songs they had forgotten they had ever written and recorded (except Justo he remembers random stuff). Enlisting the help of their old friend Mike Jimenez (Rufio) who now owned Modern Fuzz studio in Pomona, AK remixed the album taking special care to not re-record any parts and rely on the rawness and spontaneity of the original sessions. The result is Malo, a snapshot of AK in their prime.

12 hours ago, xfactor675 said:

So this band is releasing the second "comeback" record with bunch of redos of old songs and demos. My question is why? Especially with basically 2 perfect records back in the day. Should have stayed that way if they don't have new ideas... 

@scottheisel nailed it. This is just a b-side/rarities comp.

With that being said I'm 100% on board with these compadres doing whatever the hell they want. The world is a significantly cooler place with AK in it.

Anyways, went with the /100 Deathwish swirl. It was $10 cheaper than the splatter tour variant on their site.