PO: Jeremy Enigk (SDRE) - Return of the Frog Queen (Expanded Edition)

2 hours ago, Barry Zito said:

According to the tracklist on Bullmoose, it looks like they added the End Sessions to this release, and those are some incredible live versions of several Frog Queen songs.

OK that would get me to double dip and replace my original. Those live tracks are some of my favorites ever.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pepperonigin said:

Really excited to receive this. Anyone interested in my first press? I’m not one for double dipping. 

Listen to it before you  sell the OG. I can't tell you how many off center pressings I've received from Subpop recently. Don't know who is pressing their records these days, but they've put out some crap. The Album Leaf In a Safe Place Loser edition is badly off center, Beach House Teen Dream is the same and warped, etc. etc.

Forgot to get back in here after I listened to it!

Overall pretty alright. Little surface noise at the beginning, but a better cleaning will help with that I'm sure. A couple places feel a little muddled, but it's been a while since I listened to this...I do seem to remember thinking it was a little muddled digitally too, so it could just be the mastering. There's a whole lot going on on this album and especially in the more muddled spots.

Like I said, overall pretty alright sound, awesome look. Pretty good.