PO NOW: Caspian - The Four Trees 10 Year Anniversary Press

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

You posted while I was responding. I was mostly commenting on the "fan boys" remark. I totally get why you'd want to cancel and possibly reorder. I've never had a problem with USPS address forwarding when I move. But I've noticed that there can be a huge difference in the competency of the USPS between different branches.

Ok.  Because I'm really not trying to be combative or whiny here.  I even considered just placing another order to my new address, that way I feel more relaxed that I'm going to receive at least one of them and if I get both, hell... I'll just sell one of them off.  But you know... moving expenses... got a lot of expenses creeping on the comeup that are a lot more important.  I probably should've just held off on buying anything at all until after i was moved and none of this would be a problem.

5 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Ok.  Because I'm really not trying to be combative or whiny here.  I even considered just placing another order to my new address, that way I feel more relaxed that I'm going to receive at least one of them and if I get both, hell... I'll just sell one of them off.  But you know... moving expenses... got a lot of expenses creeping on the comeup that are a lot more important.  I probably should've just held off on buying anything at all until after i was moved and none of this would be a problem.

I do feel your pain. I moved in April with a dozen or so preorders headed to an address where I couldn’t get stuff from and it was a bitch sorting everything out. Delayed CS response times definitely exacerbated the anxiety of the situation.

On a more positive note, how great is this band?  I really only got around to absorbing their music within the past couple of months.  I've had them in my digital new music pile on my computer for almost a year probably.  I actually listened to Waking Season first all the way through and it blew my mind.  Then Four Trees, Dust and Disquiet and Tertia.  All are great front to back.  I still haven't found another post-rock/post-metal band that i like as much as If These Trees Could Talk, but these guys are pretty damn close.

15 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

On a more positive note, how great is this band?  I really only got around to absorbing their music within the past couple of months.  I've had them in my digital new music pile on my computer for almost a year probably.  I actually listened to Waking Season first all the way through and it blew my mind.  Then Four Trees, Dust and Disquiet and Tertia.  All are great front to back.  I still haven't found another post-rock/post-metal band that i like as much as If These Trees Could Talk, but these guys are pretty damn close.

Don't forget the You Are The Conductor EP. That was my first exposure to them (I think shortly after The Four Trees came out) and it's still my favorite of their stuff. It's a nice quick listen. I do love everything they've released though.

3 minutes ago, wiscodeman said:

Don't forget the You Are The Conductor EP. That was my first exposure to them (I think shortly after The Four Trees came out) and it's still my favorite of their stuff. It's a nice quick listen. I do love everything they've released though.

Don't think I've listened to that EP yet, I'll have to check that out.

8 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

It's not a matter of time here.  It's a matter of these people not responding to their customers.  I want to cancel my order, and perhaps put in another order with a new shipping address but since i can't make a connection with them, my only option is to take it up with paypal.  Is that wrong?

Sorry if I wasn't clear I have no problem with doing what you're doing in this situation. I just found it funny he compared this to ordering something and then filing a dispute after 3 weeks when you have a 6 month window to cancel.

12 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

Sorry if I wasn't clear I have no problem with doing what you're doing in this situation. I just found it funny he compared this to ordering something and then filing a dispute after 3 weeks when you have a 6 month window to cancel.

yeah man, just want to change my shipping address.  if it ends up shipping and USPS doesn't lose it and it shows up to my new home, i'm all set.  i just don't want to count on that.  probably because i don't move often and idk how good USPS is with mail forwarding.

15 minutes ago, thesecrets0308 said:

yeah man, just want to change my shipping address.  if it ends up shipping and USPS doesn't lose it and it shows up to my new home, i'm all set.  i just don't want to count on that.  probably because i don't move often and idk how good USPS is with mail forwarding.

They don't even forward media mail anymore it sucks. 

10 hours ago, thesecrets0308 said:

Waking Season was what first hooked me; they ended up on my Facebook somehow and it blew me away.  This was sometime around when I first heard "Red Forest" as well.  Funny. 

I famously hated Tertia at first lol, but now I hold it as their finest record I think.  Can't wait to hear what they've got coming next. 

10 hours ago, wiscodeman said:

So good.  I hope to one day catch the opening trio live, but I'm not terribly confident in that.  Maybe at a 20th anniversary show for the band haha. 

Also...  another odd thing about Caspian that I didn't really ever pick up on until maybe a year or two ago, is that their drums are only the kick and snare.  No toms.  So unique.  Thinking about playing like that gives me anxiety haha because I love toms so much, I don't know how drummers can do it without them.  It makes me feel like trying to play post-rock without delay or reverb pedals!

5 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Waking Season was what first hooked me; they ended up on my Facebook somehow and it blew me away.  This was sometime around when I first heard "Red Forest" as well.  Funny. 

I famously hated Tertia at first lol, but now I hold it as their finest record I think.  Can't wait to hear what they've got coming next. 

So good.  I hope to one day catch the opening trio live, but I'm not terribly confident in that.  Maybe at a 20th anniversary show for the band haha. 

Also...  another odd thing about Caspian that I didn't really ever pick up on until maybe a year or two ago, is that their drums are only the kick and snare.  No toms.  So unique.  Thinking about playing like that gives me anxiety haha because I love toms so much, I don't know how drummers can do it without them.  It makes me feel like trying to play post-rock without delay or reverb pedals!

Apparently you don't know what the fuck a floor tom is. 

39 minutes ago, Dave Grohl said:

When they did the Euro tour. Not sure how long Joe is out for, but he is taking a break to be with family. Not sure if it's permanent or what, but their homie is doing a killer job. 

Was it Justin Forrest? He has been doing lights  and merch for them and that guy can do anything. He played drums for Junius when they toured with Caspian 4 or 5 years ago.  And he has filled in for other bands that are all homies up there in the NE. They all seem to interchange for touring without a problem. I was floored that Will Benoit (band Constants and Radar Studio with Daryl Rabidoux of The Cancer Conspiracy) played bass for Rosetta this most recent tour!

Joe Vickers is awesome. Super technique on the fundamentals and seems to never mess up. He doesn't have twirl or throw sticks up in the air like Neil Peart. But he never gets to play the mathy stuff with odd time sigs he is really into.

I think he used to go to concerts every night in between tours as well. Glad he's getting a break for family time. 

4 hours ago, drds89 said:

Was it Justin Forrest? He has been doing lights  and merch for them and that guy can do anything. He played drums for Junius when they toured with Caspian 4 or 5 years ago.  And he has filled in for other bands that are all homies up there in the NE. They all seem to interchange for touring without a problem. I was floored that Will Benoit (band Constants and Radar Studio with Daryl Rabidoux of The Cancer Conspiracy) played bass for Rosetta this most recent tour!

Joe Vickers is awesome. Super technique on the fundamentals and seems to never mess up. He doesn't have twirl or throw sticks up in the air like Neil Peart. But he never gets to play the mathy stuff with odd time sigs he is really into.

I think he used to go to concerts every night in between tours as well. Glad he's getting a break for family time. 

Yup, it was Justin. 

18 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

Apparently you don't know what the fuck a floor tom is. 

Hmmm... I don't recall seeing one.  Also, you don't need to be a jackass about it.  I never understand that about you.  Even still, no rack toms is very out of the ordinary.  I'd feel so restricted as a drummer that way. 

7 hours ago, drds89 said:

Was that really Will Benoit?!  That's wild.  I do miss Dave, as it seems like all of the songs he sings on will be forever shelved due to his cessation of touring with the band, but Will held it down very well.  The tent went fucking apeshit when they dropped into "A Determinism of Morality" to close the set.  What a song. 

Phil made it seem like Joe is done for good, but who knows... that may change.  Those of us in the front row crew had a great chat with him after they wrapped their set up, he's so gracious with his time.  He hung out the rest of the next day too, and everyone left him alone.  He was in line getting food with a dozen people and nobody was hassling him; I liked seeing that.  Just a regular dude enjoying the fest. 

21 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Hmmm... I don't recall seeing one.  Also, you don't need to be a jackass about it.  I never understand that about you.  Even still, no rack toms is very out of the ordinary.  I'd feel so restricted as a drummer that way. 

Cause you have this 'revelation' a year or two ago and it's completely wrong.  If anyone is the jackass it's you. Watch any single live video and you'll see it. Listen to any song and you'll hear it. The funny part of it is you're a 'musician' who made a completely idiotic statement acting like it was fact. You jumped to a dumb conclusion, and got called out. You could have asked, but you think you're so observant and knowledgeable. Just accept you were wrong, and quit whining.  I find it funny you're so butthurt. I missed it. 

On 6/22/2018 at 6:12 PM, Dave Grohl said:

Cause you have this 'revelation' a year or two ago and it's completely wrong.  If anyone is the jackass it's you. Watch any single live video and you'll see it. Listen to any song and you'll hear it. The funny part of it is you're a 'musician' who made a completely idiotic statement acting like it was fact. You jumped to a dumb conclusion, and got called out. You could have asked, but you think you're so observant and knowledgeable. Just accept you were wrong, and quit whining.  I find it funny you're so butthurt. I missed it. 

I have zero problem with being wrong, and there was quite literally zero whining; I just don't understand why it's so hard for you to simply say "Actually check again, he does in fact use a floor tom" like any well-adjusted adult would when correcting someone in this situation.  You just have this predisposition to dig into people and make it an insult, and I just don't get why or where that comes from.  Nobody who is truly happy inside speaks to others that way.  I will concede it is kind of comical how triggered you get over things, but I know that's not a peaceful place to be, so I do feel bad a bit about it.  Even here in the response, you're trying to stir up more drama with your quote-musician-quote insult.  Grow up man, you're better than that.  

Back on topic though, I'm very curious what IS the reason for the hold up.  No pejorative framing, just curiosity!