(NEED HELP) Equipment Freshman

Hell Vinyl community, my name is Bailey and I am very interested in buying a setup for a record player. 

My problem is that I am not very educated on audio equipment and although I can do my fair share of research I'd like to reach out to people who know this stuff best! Basically I am looking to spend somewhere between 150$-300$ on a turntable and speakers. Preferably I'd like just a mid-range turntable that is reliable and decent, basically a good bang for your buck as a beginner with not much money to spend but willing to reach out for long term quality. When it comes to speakers, I am a fanatic of R&B and HIP/HOP music so a speaker system that offers good bass in a bedroom is a must have.  Also if possible, Bluetooth or Aux capabilities for playing music off my phone would be a big plus! I was debating on getting a soundbar but was hoping to get best of both worlds and get a record player setup that I could also connect my phone too. If anyone out there could offer me advice on what to purchase that be great! I am looking to purchase this equipment through Best Buy or Target. 

Thank you!

Before anyone else chimes in, I will echo what they will likely say. Don’t. Given your small budget, you’re better off not buying a turntable setup. Either you’re going to get plastic junk that will break in a year, or you will have more features than necessary, with none of them doing what they need to. You’d be way better off picking up powered speakers (I’m not an expert on these) and playing digital even from your phone or computer, or a simple amp/preamp. 

You say midrange turntable but most of those usually start in the $200+ range (U-Turn Orbit is the favourite at that price), but you would still need a phono stage and amp before speakers.  Even if you picked up something like a PS Audio Sprout for $350 used as a preamp/amp/aux in, you’re looking at a couple hundred for speakers. So for midrange quality, unless you can work miracles, not much luck under $600+.   With vintage you might be able to manage but finding stuff in good condition is a crapshoot.