The National: Cherry Tree Membership w/ Exclusive Annual Vinyl

On 4/9/2018 at 9:45 PM, swb said:

Yeah. I'm hoping they don't go the old R.E.M. fan club route and make it a 7" of the band playing a loosely rehearsed Christmas song. But $50 is (relatively) affordable even if the final tangible products are underwhelming. Merch exclusives are a big zero for me but the pre-order tickets might have value if/when they play LA again in the next 12 months.

LOL R.E.M. covers were great fun!

On 12/18/2018 at 7:04 PM, CanadaPostRock said:

I signed up for club first day... no shipping confirmation as of yet... I emailed cherry tree last week and today... no response yet... bah... =/ 

I signed up first day, too, but did get a confirmation at the start of the month for shipping. The package just arrived today, though (12/22), about 2.5 weeks after notification.

• 2 months later...
11 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

welp just scored front row for the LA show. never had front row at a seated concert, and also never been to this venue. the show is 2 days after my birthday... I'm stoked. I'm hoping that because these shows are small they'll stray from the SWB set and play some rarities 

Well done! I'll be way back in the seventh row for NY. Nice that they set aside prime seats.

Refreshed the page starting at 7:55 and the tickets for LA were sold out by the time the page loaded at 8am. It sounds like a ton of people who were there right at 8 got bumped aside with the initial sold out message and then, from there, it was a crap shoot as to whether you tried again at the exact same time that holds expired and tickets became available again. I tried for 15-20 minutes and got nothing. Some people logged on at 8:05 and checked out with no problems.

I'm not a member of any other fan clubs and never try these pre-sale things so maybe this is standard but this felt very poorly executed from a fan experience perspective. They either had way too few tickets reserved for club members, just have way too many club members, and/or the ticketing system was not the most intuitive as far as letting the first people have first pick. Tickets were also $90 + fees. I would think being a member would either grant you a reasonable amount of access or a discount. Oh, well. Not going to bother trying for tomorrow. I'm reverting back to my standard policy of not even bothering with limited events.

Honestly one of the biggest problem is that website, I've had issues with it in the past for other events. It will likely be easier on ticketmaster tomorrow. Allocation was probably very limited as well so I wouldn't get your hopes up. Beacon theatre is pretty large so I'm not too worried, just hope for something decent.