The National: Cherry Tree Membership w/ Exclusive Annual Vinyl

2 hours ago, timsimmons said:

Oh, my book came over the weekend and was missing the LP. SO pissed. 

they are looking into it. Hopefully they can get me a replacement, because if they say nah and I have to buy that ugly brown pressing, I'm gonna be even more pissed.

My vinyl came with ring wear, large indent on front cover, and scratches all over the vinyl that cause noise...sooo join the club lol...had to provide photos and video, while see what happens...

46 minutes ago, nelso330 said:

My vinyl came with ring wear, large indent on front cover, and scratches all over the vinyl that cause noise...sooo join the club lol...had to provide photos and video, while see what happens...

I sent them video about rotational click w CT Vol 1 - they immediately sent a replacement

turned out the tracking in my usps dashboard was for the lightyears book/vinyl, not the cherry tree vol 3. I got the brown vinyl cause I missed out on the earlier variant. It turned out nicer than I expected. It's more of a champagne/beer color. It sounds great. Glad to have it on vinyl though it was still pricier than I would've liked. The book turned out really nice. 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, drewberinger said:

nothing just ass options

I only stick with CT for the yearly vinyl 

They’ve had some pretty nice variant exclusives in the past, I want to say… but I think the bigger draw is probably those live albums, yeah.

Did anyone else catch this tidbit on the Cherry Tree page for the PO?

Cherry Tree members who pre-order First Two Pages of Frankenstein via the member store will also receive a Flexidisc single of “Weird Goodbyes (feat. Bon Iver).” Previously released digitally, this will be an initial physical release of the song ahead of its future home.

Lotta’ folks are speculating that we may get another LP or EP later this year, containing that track.  It’s interesting phrasing regardless of what it means.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, kas1985 said:

Received Cherry Tree Volume 5 yesterday. Won’t spoil it for those who are awaiting their’s still, but I will say, again, very well done. Would love if they offered the download like they did last year. 

I won't spoil it either, but it was exactly what I thought it was going to be. I spun mine last night and this morning. Sounds pretty good, but lacks the energy of being at the show.