Kamasi Washington- 4xlp Heaven & Earth PO

I think the epic was pretty consistently at $40-45usd when released- i found my copy for ~$32 shipped eventually, but even right now I don't see the it for less than $42 anywhere. $48-50 is fair for this, imo. If no special version gets released, I'll wait for bullmoose or Amazon preorder

18 hours ago, Darnoc said:

I think the epic was pretty consistently at $40-45usd when released- i found my copy for ~$32 shipped eventually, but even right now I don't see the it for less than $42 anywhere. $48-50 is fair for this, imo. If no special version gets released, I'll wait for bullmoose or Amazon preorder

In germany it's actually almost double, the epic retails for 34 euros here, the new lp costs 63 Euros. But i'm still willing to pay that much if it's as good as the epic!

1 hour ago, DecayToDeath said:

Still haven't found The Epic for $30 or less and it's never been high enough on my list of priorities to buy at a greater price. So...I'm gonna listen to this digitally too, probably.

Same. Never bought the Epic because I was just waiting for it to be on clearance some day, somewhere. But it's so good.

21 hours ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Anyone think this will go below $50? Amoeba has coupon codes that work on preorders, 15% off (APR15) brings it to $50.98

I'm going to do what I did with The Epic and put it on my wantlist on discogs and wait to buy a used copy. I got a copy of The Epic for $25 in NM/VG++ condition. Somebody will buy this only to realize they actually don't like jazz after all and then sell it for half price.

I bought pretty much all my most recent jazz purchases this way and it's been a pretty golden strategy. I've also been able to get a bunch of Music Matters and Analogue Productions jazz reissues this way. I typically pay 50%-60% of retail.

Edited by GrapplesInStereo

• 2 months later...

Looks like there maybe another disc hidden within this according to Rough Trade

https://twitter.com/RoughTrade/status/1009781963606183936

5 track bonus disc called "The Choice"

1 The Secret Of Jinsinson 8:07
2 Will You Love Me Tomorrow 9:40
3 My Family 6:34
4 Agents Of Multiverse 5:22
5 Ooh Child 8:53
Edited by craigeduk

1 minute ago, elvismcvegas said:

They deleted their tweet. What did it say?

It was a picture of the LP with one of the sleeve panels being cut open and something about a surprise for anyone who was buying the album.  On discogs someone has already found the extra disc (also on the CD version).

https://www.discogs.com/Kamasi-Washington-Heaven-And-Earth/release/12138973