PO Now: GHOST - Prequelle

13 hours ago, roadmonkey said:

Regarding those different covers, again reddit to the rescue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ghostbc/comments/8nn1zw/so_four_different_covers_so_far_fifth_one_must_be/

zb663rq2y9111.jpg

random placement of various horsemen? I'm fine with not tracking all these down.

I get a good LOL knowing that there are people out there that collect all the variants of literally any record.

14 hours ago, negavinyl said:

Got the clear smoke w/ 7" in today. Spinning it now, really liking it! Saw them earlier this month and dug the new stuff, Faith and Pro Memoria are early favs. 

Is that actually the inner sleeve??  Or is that the sleeve for the 7"??
For a minute I thought that was "Colossal ‎– Brave The Elements". Artwork is so similar. 

3 instrumentals on a 10 song album (excluding cover tracks). The repetitive lyrics gimmick to be catchy gets old really quick.  Faith, Witch Image, and Life Eternal are great though. Rats is my least favorite. Was hoping for the album to be "dark" like Tobias said in one of the interviews but this ain't what I expected coming off Meliora.

So... I went ahead and picked up the FYE exclusive on my break today. I didn't like Meliora, but I'm willing to at least give this a listen on my stereo and see if I change my mind on it. I think it'll be better than Meliora. Also hoping this thing isn't warped too bad, cause it kinda looks a bit warped. I like the variant tho.

2 hours ago, V3XED said:

Is that actually the inner sleeve??  Or is that the sleeve for the 7"??
For a minute I thought that was "Colossal ‎– Brave The Elements". Artwork is so similar. 

That’s then 7” sleeve. I also posted the inner 12” sleeve, it’s that group photo that’s been making the rounds, lyrics on the other side. 

Personally I think the album is great, Witch Image and Life Eternal are particularly good.

I'm not sure what people expected when you consider the direction each album has gradually steered towards. They've progressively got more mainstream.  Each to their own though, we don't all enjoy the same thing :)