PO Now: GHOST - Prequelle

This might be my album of the year.  I don't understand some of the expectations out there - a problem that continually plagues ghost.  They're not a metal band and never have been.  Prequelle exceeded my expectations following the lineup change and it sounds like a natural progression of the sound.  Gives me further confidence that Tobias truly has been and continues to be the mastermind.  

Also, I only have listened to Prequelle and not the bonus tracks.  Perhaps they are slow and ruin the momentum, but from what I listened to with the actual album there is a good pace  so I'm not getting the gripes in regard to that.

As I've stated in the past, I think Ghost is a band people project a certain sound or expectation on that isn't accurate - if you hear them play the new songs live they don't skip a beat with all of their previous material (including opus which they still play a good amount off of).  They have better production now and a more expanded scope, but it's the same general sound.  Hope some of you come around to the album after a few listens.

I'm thinking there's gotta be one Spinefarm vinyl variant missing from our list... there's 6 variants from Reaktor, 6 from Loma Vista and 5 from Spinefarm... surely they'd have done 6, 6 & 6 especially since the number 666 is present on the cover...

PS my two cents are that it's not their best but still pretty damn good!

On 5/31/2018 at 6:08 PM, negavinyl said:

Got the clear smoke w/ 7" in today. Spinning it now, really liking it! Saw them earlier this month and dug the new stuff, Faith and Pro Memoria are early favs. 

It's not really a rare treat to hear something for the first time on vinyl though...is it? I almost always wait to listen to a record until I have the vinyl in hand.

All it takes to do that on the regular is a tiny bit of will power.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Thanks for the scoop, I emailed BM but after checking the barcode number i think it is the "Clear Red Swirl" which is a standard press, no 7" or anything.

It got me looking around and I noticed the FYE variant was magically back in stock. So I snagged one of those instead, fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled. 

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
On 8/10/2019 at 12:43 PM, gir676767 said:

Wondering if this will be out at other retailers soon. Waiting for more information before I drop $100. 

https://www.roughtrade.com/us/ghost/prequelle

Some type of boxset supposedly. Also rumored to be releasing a new 7", possibly covers again. Either way i'll be in on both \m/

From FB:

[MESSAGE FROM THE CLERGY]

We wish to inform you that the deluxe box set “Prequelle Exhalted” (Scandinavian version) will be released SEPTEMBER 27th and is available for pre-order now.

Pre-order your copy here: https://lnk.to/PrequelleExalted

The exclusive, Cardinal red, gold foil box is strictly limited to 5000 copies worldwide and will include:
* ”Prequelle” Limited Edition 180 gram Audiophile Black Vinyl
* Exclusive Prequelle artwork with a 12-page booklet featuring 10 brand-new, illustrations by Zbigniew M. Bielak
* 12” vinyl with two Ghost rarities
* 7” vinyl: ”Dance Macabre” and previously unreleased track
* Envelope with three, brand new pictures
* 60 x 90 poster
* Each box is individually numbered