Personally I think the album is great, Witch Image and Life Eternal are particularly good.

I'm not sure what people expected when you consider the direction each album has gradually steered towards. They've progressively got more mainstream.  Each to their own though, we don't all enjoy the same thing :)

3 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

I might fucking love this.

it's not what I expected. Part of me wanted more heavy.

But after a few listens, it might not be the album I wanted, but maybe it's the album I needed.

that's where I'm at with this album right now too haha

This might be my album of the year.  I don't understand some of the expectations out there - a problem that continually plagues ghost.  They're not a metal band and never have been.  Prequelle exceeded my expectations following the lineup change and it sounds like a natural progression of the sound.  Gives me further confidence that Tobias truly has been and continues to be the mastermind.  

Also, I only have listened to Prequelle and not the bonus tracks.  Perhaps they are slow and ruin the momentum, but from what I listened to with the actual album there is a good pace  so I'm not getting the gripes in regard to that.

As I've stated in the past, I think Ghost is a band people project a certain sound or expectation on that isn't accurate - if you hear them play the new songs live they don't skip a beat with all of their previous material (including opus which they still play a good amount off of).  They have better production now and a more expanded scope, but it's the same general sound.  Hope some of you come around to the album after a few listens.

I'm thinking there's gotta be one Spinefarm vinyl variant missing from our list... there's 6 variants from Reaktor, 6 from Loma Vista and 5 from Spinefarm... surely they'd have done 6, 6 & 6 especially since the number 666 is present on the cover...

PS my two cents are that it's not their best but still pretty damn good!

On 5/31/2018 at 6:08 PM, negavinyl said:

Got the clear smoke w/ 7" in today. Spinning it now, really liking it! Saw them earlier this month and dug the new stuff, Faith and Pro Memoria are early favs. 

It's not really a rare treat to hear something for the first time on vinyl though...is it? I almost always wait to listen to a record until I have the vinyl in hand.

All it takes to do that on the regular is a tiny bit of will power.

Edited by The Ghost of Randy Savage

Thanks for the scoop, I emailed BM but after checking the barcode number i think it is the "Clear Red Swirl" which is a standard press, no 7" or anything.

It got me looking around and I noticed the FYE variant was magically back in stock. So I snagged one of those instead, fingers crossed it doesn't get cancelled.