DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

12 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Anyone read the writeup on the product page?  Interesting that Chelsea Wolfe makes an appearance on the album.

Missed that!  So much more stoked now.  I'm not really surprised, they've been on eachother's social media a lot, I think George even played guitar on a few Wolfe shows recently?

18 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

It's the opposite for me. They could do the craziest color combo possible and I would have already owned 3 copies of different records on the same colorway. If it doesn't go well with the art it doesn't do much for me.

This is exactly where I am now with new purchases. I don't variant collect and I don't care about pressing numbers, I just want something that looks good when matched up with the album art. Some of the best recent ones I can think of are the Translation Loss issues of We Lost the Sea's Departure Songs, some of the variants of the new underOATH record (the art direction is arguably the best part of Erase Me), and something as simple as the deluxe version of Lorde's Melodrama on opaque royal blue. The hue just matches perfectly with the album art. So something as simple as an opaque color will do it for me if it's appropriate.

But c'mon, how hard would it have been to throw up a cloudy clear w/ some combination of green/yellow/pink/blue  splatter out of like 300 and maybe a silver/grey and black marble/merge out of 500. Then give DW 500 clear, and throw the rest of the 2,000 batch on some tour variant along with standard black  and call it a day?

33 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Anyone read the writeup on the product page?  Interesting that Chelsea Wolfe makes an appearance on the album.

She's in the honeycomb video  @ 10:21 and in Instagram posts from the studio from awhile back. So excited to hear what she does on the record. Should be an interesting texture against the normal Deafheaven sound.

2 hours ago, zaoza said:

Yeah you’re right. This is taken from DW page:

Taking more literary cues, the lyrics to the expansive “Honeycomb” reference seminal Argentinian writer Julio Cortazar, author of the elaborately structured stream-of-conscious novel Hopscotch while another song, "Canary Yellow," includes the line “I have wondered about the language of flowers.”

They had my curiosity, now they have my attention.

1 minute ago, DecayToDeath said:

I went to Zia with @Rezqua once and he saw a Sunbather T-shirt on the clearance rack and asked me "are you enough of a poser to buy a Deafheaven shirt?" and I said "hell yes"

I still remember both of you (maybe not both but def Rez) on some Blonk dick with hot topic taste just 2 years ago lol. Times sure change.

1 minute ago, Sunshine said:

I still remember both of you (maybe not both but def Rez) on some Blonk dick with hot topic taste just 2 years ago lol. Times sure change.

They grow up so fast.

6 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I went to Zia with @Rezqua once and he saw a Sunbather T-shirt on the clearance rack and asked me "are you enough of a poser to buy a Deafheaven shirt?" and I said "hell yes"

I’ve got a Sunbather T I’ve worn on multiple occasions.  No shame.

20 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I joined this board at 14 with the sole intent of asking Travis if an All Time Low album was ever gonna get pressed. Time sure do change lol.

29 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I joined this board at 14 with the sole intent of asking Travis if an All Time Low album was ever gonna get pressed. Time sure do change lol.

yeah, I joined at 14 as a dumbass kid who had a whole host of problems going on (music taste included). Hard to erase that from the internet when you are still on the same site :s

now i am about to start college as a proper fucking hipster.

Edited by Rezqua