DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

3 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

I forgot you're in Albany too!  We need to meet up some time, man.  Come see my band! 

Also, you're right.  Nobody realllllllllllly exists in Delmar.  It's all empty suburban shells. 

Also, if you guys haven't checked the setlist so far for this tour, be prepared.  It's a monster. 

I'm always down for threads being hijacked for regional chat. What's your band and where do you usually play around here? I always mean to get out to local shows, but then my couch is comfy and my living room bar is much cheaper than going out.

I was gonna go out to Big Brave tonight at the Low Beat but then they cancelled. Really wish they'd hit us up on their tour with The Body that ended yesterday.

20 hours ago, poweredbytrust said:

interesting, so the clear yellow one (EU indie exclusive) is NOT different colors for either disc. Looks like a "piss yellow" like the one for the Sunbather pressing. Not sure what to think about this, maybe I should've hopped on the KRM EU exclusive that is now sold out... oh well,

Mine is, but what I've seen from other pictures so far it might be an anomaly

1 hour ago, hallowken78 said:

My pink copy arrived in a crooked mailer....got home late so I didn't have the energy to open and inspect but it's not looking good that the record isn't damaged too.

But you had the energy to go online and make a post about it?

Conserve that energy next time for vinyl priorities

2 minutes ago, youspinmeround said:

But you had the energy to go online and make a post about it?

Conserve that energy next time for vinyl priorities

Hey, we've all been there. You know it's going to be a disaster so you wait a few days to check it out. Like a Coheed or Brand New thread, for example.

16 hours ago, kill_taker said:

Sadly forgot the password for my main account.. Anyways, did someone receive shipping notice from Deathwish Europe? Was supposed to ship today and I am in the middle of moving, so kinda worried that it might be delayed or so.. Cheers!

I haven't had one yet.

grabbed an EU indie yellow/clear today, and was pleasantly surprised to find that it's not a mere translucent pressing. My records at least have a considerable amount of "yellow smoke" inside the vinyl, which definitely looks really cool! Also, the visual presentation and packaging are top notch, as was to be expected from this band. Have just started spinning side A, but the pressing is really nice sounding so far.

As for the music, my concerns from a few pages back have been almost completely erased over the course of a few digital spins in the last couple of days. I still think it's gimmicky and cheesy at times, but more of the kind that was the outro from "Come Back" on New Bermuda (in other words: pretty awesome). I dig the album as a whole a lot more now! My criticism for "Night People" still holds up at least a bit. I can appreciate the little atmospheric break it brings to the second half of the album, but the track in itself is still rather uninspired (and also more or less the same chord progression as "Near" repeated time after time).

Edited by poweredbytrust

9 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

(and also more or less the same chord progression as "Near" repeated time after time).

You sure about that? I think the main chord is the same but Near goes up the scale while Night People goes down. Seems like a means to escalate and de-escalate Glint.

18 minutes ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

You sure about that? I think the main chord is the same but Near goes up the scale while Night People goes down.

If you adjust the pace the main lead melody from Near can be played over Night People just as well (except for the bridge in the latter). It wasn't meant solely as criticism though, I don't think it's that blatant and it doesn't annoy me or anything. Just an observation.

37 minutes ago, poweredbytrust said:

If you adjust the pace the main lead melody from Near can be played over Night People just as well (except for the bridge in the latter). It wasn't meant solely as criticism though, I don't think it's that blatant and it doesn't annoy me or anything. Just an observation.

I hadn't noticed actually haha

Picked up the blue from my local and it doesn't sound super great but it's good enough, Canary Yellow is definitely my favorite track on the album, it's almost as good as Dream House, it's got a great build up and the guitar tone is perfect, I hope I see them on this tour since I've missed them every time in the past

Just got the KRM EU group buy package in!  They threw 5 records in a mailer with no padding but somehow all we ended up with were a few minor bumped corners.  No seamsplits or anything!

Spinning my copy now... this sounds fantastic!  The green with black smoke looks great.  Also, very happy that they went with the anti-static sleeves for this.  Everyone should just do that.  Sure, it'll add a dollar to the product but I'd rather pay more than have shitty white sleeves that leave dust, give sleeve burn, and disintegrate over time. 

It's nice to hear this in full fidelity after showing the album to my friend this weekend on our drive down to NYC via his Spotify account.  That compression is rough lol.  This album is so good though!

I can totally see how people don't like it; it's very triumphant and upbeat.  Lots of major key jams!  Not sure it tops Sunbather for me, as I'd wondered earlier, but man.... this is fucking good. 

EDIT:   Man, I gotta give props to KRM for this one.  This pressing is wonderful.  No surface noise.  It's a tad on the quiet side, but man, everything sounds really fucking good.  No pops, no clicks, no static during quiet parts.  Absolutely wonderful.

Edited by Gumbo72203