DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

I don't really prefer one over the other aestheticly but translucent vinyl is more prone to skipping because it's softer. I dont think there's much of a sound difference though.

The non-solicited super dumbed down version of vinyl quality: Black vinyl is the peak of sound quality. Years of research it really isn't debatable. Yes it is translucent in it's natural state but that doesn't mean it's fine tuned for audio playback. Working backwards from there white vinyl lacks carbon which is what makes black vinyl black. Colored vinyl is white vinyl + whatever dye. Translucent vinyl is the next step down lacking whatever makes it white. Below that it gets more experimental which is why you have massive quality dips for gitd and glitter vinyl.

Any sort of splatter, marble, smash, etc makes it all a crapshoot 

2 hours ago, ✦ S U N S H I N E ✦ 日 光 ♡♡ said:

I don't really prefer one over the other aestheticly but translucent vinyl is more prone to skipping because it's softer. I dont think there's much of a sound difference though.

The non-solicited super dumbed down version of vinyl quality: Black vinyl is the peak of sound quality. Years of research it really isn't debatable. Yes it is translucent in it's natural state but that doesn't mean it's fine tuned for audio playback. Working backwards from there white vinyl lacks carbon which is what makes black vinyl black. Colored vinyl is white vinyl + whatever dye. Translucent vinyl is the next step down lacking whatever makes it white. Below that it gets more experimental which is why you have massive quality dips for gitd and glitter vinyl.

Any sort of splatter, marble, smash, etc makes it all a crapshoot 

I remember reading something about clear vinyl being the next step down from black as far as sound quality goes but you can't believe everything you read on the internet, so I can't fact check that.

25 minutes ago, Reshiram said:

I remember reading something about clear vinyl being the next step down from black as far as sound quality goes but you can't believe everything you read on the internet, so I can't fact check that.

I said the actual sound quality difference is moot it's just more prone to skipping. I feel like half the people here swear all white vinyl is garbage too which is funny. I just think it's usually boring.

5 hours ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

I have nothing to add to this thread except the LP slams and I wish they printed shirts on Gildan. 

The shirt I picked up at the show tonight was printed on Gildan, I only checked cause of your post lol the show was pretty awesome but Drab Majesty was probably the most boring band I have ever seen. But Deafheaven more than made up for it, shit was crazy. And my dumbass stood like five feet away from Kerry and now I'm deaf

17 hours ago, Bladew1ll1s1sdead said:

I have nothing to add to this thread except the LP slams and I wish they printed shirts on Gildan. 

I wonder why bands don't use American Apparel or similar shirts anymore. I've got some Russian Circles tees that are almost ten years old that still feel amazing while some other tees I've gotten in the past couple of years have all kinds of issues and feel like they're made out of paper towels. Rosetta was selling tees for $15 and deafheaven was selling theirs for $25 this year, I feel like if they want $20+ they should be better quality.

12 hours ago, CatsNJazz said:

The shirt I picked up at the show tonight was printed on Gildan, I only checked cause of your post lol the show was pretty awesome but Drab Majesty was probably the most boring band I have ever seen. But Deafheaven more than made up for it, shit was crazy. And my dumbass stood like five feet away from Kerry and now I'm deaf

Drab was a pretty boring 45 mins.

George hair flipping and dancing in kind of bizarre.

The 2 times I saw them before at marquis were way better than last night. Uniform was awesome though.

I was surprised at amount of people that dont wear earplugs. I was dumb when I was younger but for last 5 years I haven't attended anything without them. At over 1k shows and 38 years old, totally worth it these days.

I use earrasers vs some foam stuff alot of people use. Never caused and issue and muffling is very minimal

3 hours ago, alwaysopenmouth said:

I wonder why bands don't use American Apparel or similar shirts anymore. I've got some Russian Circles tees that are almost ten years old that still feel amazing while some other tees I've gotten in the past couple of years have all kinds of issues and feel like they're made out of paper towels. Rosetta was selling tees for $15 and deafheaven was selling theirs for $25 this year, I feel like if they want $20+ they should be better quality.

Bladie is going to have a lot to say about this if he ever comes back and sees it.

9 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

I thought it was general knowledge that Gildan shirts are nowhere near as comfy as classic American Apparel, before they were bought out.

Personally I find Gildan heavy cotton to be the most comfortable. I don’t like the incredibly thin extra-super-extremely soft cotton tees very much. I think Blade and I are the only people who think this way.

I'm all about Next Level.  It's similar quality to what I remember AA being (haven't bought any AA shirts in years). You can also find blanks for dirt cheap on Amazon.

I always thought Gildan longsleeve shirts were great, but their heavy cotton t-shirts felt too thick, especially to wear in the summer.

8 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

I was surprised at amount of people that dont wear earplugs. I was dumb when I was younger but for last 5 years I haven't attended anything without them.

Yup, my Deafheaven show was my intervention moment for me. My right ear was ringing for days afterwards. I'm definitely gonna plug it up from now on. 

19 minutes ago, natenomm said:

Yup, my Deafheaven show was my intervention moment for me. My right ear was ringing for days afterwards. I'm definitely gonna plug it up from now on. 

https://www.earasers.net/collections/musician-s-hifi-earplugs/products/earasers

This is what I use. You can get them cheaper at multiple online places including amazon.

35 minutes ago, natenomm said:

TOMBS got me back when I was probably about 20. Couldn't really hear right for about three days. I've been an earplug guy ever since. I always keep some extra disposable ones in my car, as well as my reusable ones in my jacket that I wear to most shows.