DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

6 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I wear the regular disposable squishy drugstore earplus to shows. Am I going to have a problem if I don't buy the fancy permanent ones?

No.  Those are immensely better than going in with nothing.  Paying extra may get you some better protection, but the main draw is that you sacrifice a lot less sound and dynamics compared to the generic foam variety.  A lot of people are opposed to earplugs because they feel like it masks too much of the performance, but it doesn’t have to be that way.

2 minutes ago, DecayToDeath said:

I wear the regular disposable squishy drugstore earplus to shows. Am I going to have a problem if I don't buy the fancy permanent ones?

Just now, Bladewillisisdead said:

Yes, everyone will be judging you for not being cool.

Yeah, it's almost worse than wearing the band's shirt to their show. Lol jk, you're fine.

In fact, I believe the common squishy disposable earplugs do a better "overall" job of protecting your ears because they filter all sound down to a safer decibel level, whereas some of the fancy musicians earplugs only filter down sounds at certain frequencies to allow more clarity on the sounds you do want to hear. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just now, Derek™ said:

No.  Those are immensely better than going in with nothing.  Paying extra may get you some better protection, but the main draw is that you sacrifice a lot less sound and dynamics compared to the generic foam variety.  A lot of people are opposed to earplugs because they feel like it masks too much of the performance, but it doesn’t have to be that way.

You just beat me to my post! haha

20 hours ago, youspinmeround said:

Drab was a pretty boring 45 mins.

George hair flipping and dancing in kind of bizarre.

The 2 times I saw them before at marquis were way better than last night. Uniform was awesome though.

I was surprised at amount of people that dont wear earplugs. I was dumb when I was younger but for last 5 years I haven't attended anything without them. At over 1k shows and 38 years old, totally worth it these days.

I use earrasers vs some foam stuff alot of people use. Never caused and issue and muffling is very minimal

The marquis is probably my favorite small venue in Denver, I've seen so many awesome shows there. And I will definitely check this earrasers out, the foam ones always annoyed me so I just stopped bothering to use them.

On 8/6/2018 at 2:47 PM, alwaysopenmouth said:

I wonder why bands don't use American Apparel or similar shirts anymore. I've got some Russian Circles tees that are almost ten years old that still feel amazing while some other tees I've gotten in the past couple of years have all kinds of issues and feel like they're made out of paper towels. Rosetta was selling tees for $15 and deafheaven was selling theirs for $25 this year, I feel like if they want $20+ they should be better quality.

AA are a nightmare for people like me. Clings to every goddamn part of your body like some bullshit layer. 

Quick suggestion on the earplugs topic... I wear these ones to every single show (if they're loud enough), and let me tell you, they're great. Everything is clear, but taken down a few notches so it's not painful. Highly suggest them to every concert goer.

https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-ETY-Plugs-Fidelity-Earplugs-Standard/dp/B0015WJQ7A/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1534179545&sr=1-3&keywords=etymotic

Edited by defectiveepitaph

21 hours ago, defectiveepitaph said:

Quick suggestion on the earplugs topic... I wear these ones to every single show (if they're loud enough), and let me tell you, they're great. Everything is clear, but taken down a few notches so it's not painful. Highly suggest them to every concert goer.

https://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-ETY-Plugs-Fidelity-Earplugs-Standard/dp/B0015WJQ7A/ref=sr_1_3_s_it?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1534179545&sr=1-3&keywords=etymotic

Yep those are the ones I use too. Totally worth the $14. I've used them at least 20 times now so far. Just gotta get used to them "turning everything down" a little bit, but once that happens, it does make the music sound more "clear" in a way. And ear protection of course!

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheView said:

Does anyone have info on the record I bought yesterday at their show in A´dam ? It is transparent vinyl with a pink look. Not solid pink for sure.

Just look on discogs in the future:

https://www.discogs.com/Deafheaven-Ordinary-Corrupt-Human-Love/release/12250749

7 hours ago, TheView said:

Thanks for your positive comment. I did check before posting, the discogs one looks pretty solid, mine is transparent.

My bad, just assumed it was the same one you described. I didn’t realize they had a tour variant, probably would’ve picked one up if that was the case. 

I still think this album is incredible, and the more I see the live studio videos, the more I'm convinced this album is better than Sunbather. 

Deafheaven has finally arrived.  Sunbather is still much more important, and will never be topped in terms of impact, but man, this album is so good.

• 1 month later...