DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

Surprise, surprise, fellas! Your FAVORITE gape artist is back! So bend over and say ahh.

OHCL slaps indubitably. New track will be fun live, but anyone who thinks its better than any track on OHCL is whacko. Literally listen to You Without End, Honeycomb, Canary Yellow and Worthless Animal at least a few times a week each. They really have not matched the emotive compositions on these tracks. Its the pinnacle for them that makes you feel so much inside when you do some soul-gaping...ahem...searching.

2 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Really?!? Low carb beer tastes like dish water, gluten free food tastes like recycled paper. But I guess if you like bland....

Track is ok, very New Bermuda... Certainly lacks the twinkly bits.

Hey... they might taste good but they’re bad for you. They suck! You can eat tasty stuff that is also good for you. Anyways, I was mostly pointing out that OHCL is fucking siiiiiiick.

5 hours ago, dantheriver said:

Hey... they might taste good but they’re bad for you. They suck! You can eat tasty stuff that is also good for you. Anyways, I was mostly pointing out that OHCL is fucking siiiiiiick.

Haha I knoww, and I was metorphrically trying to express that I find the album bland/uninteresting by comparing it to other things I find to also be bland /uninteresting... Brick is ok at best OCHL is below average, borderline lame imho. Strike 1 for Deafheaven, I hope I like the next one more.

I would suggest to anyone who hasn't already checked out the last Chaos Moon or Mare Cognitum albums to do so as they are full of tasty postness, riffs, carbs and gluten :D

• 2 weeks later...

Checked the new song out again with my girlfriend who loves black metal.  She loved it, of course haha.  And is psyched to get it.  The song isn't BAD by any means, but compared to the rest of their current output, it just feels empty.  It feels like they deliberately tried to write a "metal" song and it just came out a little unfocused.  Curious to see how it hits live, although I am very bummed that they swapped out You Without End for this one.  I'm still chafed over skipping the last tour with DIIV so that my band could play a gig :X :X :X :X

• 1 year later...