DEAFHEAVEN - Ordinary Corrupt Human Love

13 hours ago, barron22 said:

Don't know if posted already but there is a UK indie store exclusive as well of clear w/ purple haze

https://monkeyboyrecords.co.uk/products/deafheaven-ordinary-corrupt-human-love-vinyl

unnamed_grande.jpg?v=1525897101

that looks pretty. Might even be worth a visit to Rough Trade East on release day for that pending any delays. Still if I wind up with a black I won't lose sleep.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:33 PM, DASiano said:

Hyped.

That said, I slightly am wary of pre-ordering any limited variant of this because the New Bermuda pre-order was something of a disaster, especially regarding the "coke bottle clear", which manifested as a translucent green months after the initial release and other variants were readily available (funnily enough, googling info on the New Bermuda delay lead me here for the first time).

Ah who am I kidding: this song is excellent and I'm near certain I'll cave on a limited variant pre-order.

This is pretty much why I went with the DW variant, despite the other options sounding really tempting...been ordering from DW for many years now and they've not let me down, so I'll take consistency over a slightly more nifty variant.

New song is good. Got my tickets today to see them in Boston, a convenient 3 days before my birthday...Royale ain't my favorite venue but I'm still stoked.

• 2 weeks later...

@erikness

@ethereal

So I just checked my supplies, and I can run point on the group buy.  Wasn't sure I'd have enough mailers after my Spurv and Silent Whale participants, but I did a re-count just now and we're good to go!  Expect a PM in the next few days with instructions and price, and we'll be good to go!  Between the 3 of us here and my 2 buddies on Facebook, we'll net a good savings.  Yaaay!

EDIT - i just realized the purple is from a different seller; I've got money coming in from people already for the green so hopefully you're still cool with that!  As soon as I get you guys, we're good to go!

Edited by Gumbo72203

• 2 weeks later...

on the fence about this one... literally every riff and every section of this song has some quirky lead stuff going on. those details were cool on New Bermuda and Honeycomb because they stood out, now they crammed so many them that it rather feels gimmicky. Maybe it's also because of the rather boring lead guitar tone. Just listened to Honeycomb again right after that and its straightforwardness fits my tastes a lot better.

But I'll have to admit, that folk-ish singing towards the end was a really nice touch, and I hope this won't be the only time we hear it on the record.

new song is meh at best, 12 mins of jumbled melodies that never really lead to anything monumental or exciting and the riffs sound like rehashed leads from new bermuda with a couple extra notes added for difference’s sake. the mastering isn’t doing it any favors either. 

hopefully it grows on me...

43 minutes ago, ethereal said:

new song is meh at best, 12 mins of jumbled melodies that never really lead to anything monumental or exciting and the riffs sound like rehashed leads from new bermuda with a couple extra notes added for difference’s sake. the mastering isn’t doing it any favors either. 

hopefully it grows on me...

I hear what you mean about the guitar solo leads...  and what one other user mentioned before about the tone.  However I like this song!  That intro is gorgeous, and the ending with the clean vocals is fantastic.  I think it'll grow on you!

@erikness come on buddy, don't miss out!  Log back in!

4 hours ago, Gumbo72203 said:

Yeah this is fucking great. 

LAST CHANCE to get in on my Kings Road EU 180g translucent green/black smoke group buy.  $32.50 to your door.  Just waiting for the last payment to clear from someone here, and then I'm putting it in! 

https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/deafheaven/view/?id=12445&cid=2809

fuck i might want in on this, give me a couple minutes to think