Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

12 hours ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Deicide will have a new record out through Century Media on 9/14.  This is the first record they've put out with the new guitarist since Jack Owen left the band and was replaced by Mark English from Monstrosity.  A single should drop in the next week or 2.

And the album artwork is possibly the best so far this year

Svart Records is repressing Demilich's 'Nespithe' as well as a demo comp 'Em9t2ness of van2s1ing / V34ish6ng 0f emptiness'  - it looks like these two together equal the '20th Adversary of Emptiness' comp box that Svart released in 2014!  I am ridiculously hyped for these

https://www.svartrecords.com/?s=Demilich

Edited by coreystevens88

I've been seeing the name Slugdge popping up here and there for a while now and figured they were some corny southern sludge band or something... finally caved and listened to their new album: https://slugdge.bandcamp.com/album/esoteric-malacology

and let me tell you they are definitely not sludge, more some kind of prog death which has limited appeal to me also  but this is insanely good!

On 7/2/2018 at 3:00 PM, coreystevens88 said:

I am ridiculously hyped for these

Yesss Nespithe classic! My friend used to burp these songs lol!

17 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

https://slugdge.bandcamp.com/album/esoteric-malacology

and let me tell you they are definitely not sludge, more some kind of prog death which has limited appeal to me also  but this is insanely good!

This sounds really good. Looks like orange/purple splatter sold out. Gonna go with yellow/purple smoke maybe

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 6:00 PM, coreystevens88 said:

Demilich's 'Nespithe' I am ridiculously hyped

Oh man, I can't believe I almost missed this. Ordered a gold 'Nespithe'  ASAP. Fucking classic. The vocals do make me want to burp though.

Limited reissue of Delirium - Zzooouhh. Went with the clear.

"A very special repress of one of the OOP and most sought-after death metal gems from the Netherlands. DELIRIUM's "Zzooouhh". Aptly titled "Zzooouhh + Demos, this set features the "Zzooouhh" album (1990), the "Delirium" demo (1988), and the "Amputation" demo (Both demos making their vinyl debut). The 2LP set is designed after the original 1990 Prophecy release, featuring original cover artwork, taking elements from the original layout with attention to detail, even down to the logo and typeface for a touch of nostalgia.

Rancid, primitive and odorous Death/Doom Metal like some sort of Celtic Frost / Dream Death meets early Asphyx, Obituary, early Death and Necro Schizma, with one of the most putrid voices ever.

Limited to 500 copies. 150 will be on ruby red vinyl, 150 on cyan blue vinyl and 100 on crystal clear vinyl. and will come housed in a 350 gram gatefold jacket."

Buy

Not sure why the music doesn't start until the 2 minute mark on this video?

Edited by lexicondevil

On 7/4/2018 at 12:51 AM, 2notepockets said:

I've been seeing the name Slugdge popping up here and there for a while now and figured they were some corny southern sludge band or something... finally caved and listened to their new album: https://slugdge.bandcamp.com/album/esoteric-malacology

AOTY contender for me, glad to see more people getting into them

On 6/14/2018 at 11:49 AM, coreystevens88 said:

I've seen it discussed on NWN and Reddit now, but not here:  Anyone kept up with the Judas Iscariot reissue drama with Ascension Monuments Media?  I am waiting for response about cancelling my preorders currently, the whole situation has turned into a circus that I wish to avoid.

...and four PayPal disputes filed. 

Some blackened death going on here.

Within A World Forgotten” Editions: 
100 x Transparent Blue vinyl with Gold, Light Blue, and Silver splatter 
100 x Green + Dark Blue Colour Mix 
100 x Gold Vinyl 
200 x Clear Vinyl 
600 x Black Vinyl

Description:

With a sound not confined to any limitations, INFERNAL COIL’s devastating sonic aura presents itself as a lethal amalgam of brutal relentless atmospheric ashen death metal mixed with the ferocity of grindcore, all mixed amongst layers of harsh noise and dark ambience.

The band’s 2014 demo “Burning Prayer of Infinite Hatred” gave listeners a glimpse into the fury and dissonance the band delves into through a barrage of blast beats, roaring guitars and guttural vocals. Even when the songs find their slower moments, they are defined by an overwhelming intensity and agony.

The band would continue developing their material for their follow-up EP “Bodies Set In Ashen Death” but also explore more complex, enchanting boundaries. The musical dichotomy speaks to INFERNAL COIL’s conceptual themes of the natural world’s paradoxes, contrasting the beauty and chaos of nature, as well as humankind’s seemingly inevitable self-destruction. While it never abandons its roots in horrifying intensity, more recent material from the band includes beautiful elements such as orchestral strings and clean vocals.

Infernal Coil’s overall representation reflects a strong sense of ethics based in environmentalism. The band rejects the nefarious elements in civilization severing living beings’ connections to their natural state of being, blackening the air, poisoning the water and disregarding the role of non-human animals in the Earth’s ecosystem. It’s message calls on humanity to reject the state of self-imposed enslavement while acknowledging it may already be too late to repent.

PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS: Orders are expected to begin shipping the week of September 14, 2018. Any items purchased with this pre-order will not ship until the week of September 14, 2018 as well. All items are mock ups and final product may vary slightly.

BUY

Posted this in the Black Metal General thread, but sharing here as well because I haven't seen it posted anywhere else: Altar of Perversion's 'Intra Naos' is the best black metal album I've heard this year (currently, at least.)  The 3xLP (it's 2 hours of music) is still available from the Anja Offensive.

https://www.theajnaoffensive.com/products/altar-of-perversion

10 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

Portal 'Vexovoid' repress is up at Profound Lore:

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/

Was just going to post this. 

Vinyl Specs: 
100 units on Blue Vinyl w/Black + White + Silver Splatter 
100 units on Blue/Black Colour Mix Vinyl 
100 units on Clear Vinyl 
700 units on Black Vinyl

Description:

Vinyl re-press, after being out of print for several years, of PORTAL’s groundbreaking fourth full-length album “Vexovoid”.

There has been no death metal band in the genre’s history as bizarre, unique, and aesthetically engaging as Australia’s PORTAL. Whether it would be the band’s singular vision through their polarizing music, their otherworldly live show, or the visual imagery the band portray themselves as, PORTAL have incidentally, slowly building over the last ten or so years through this crawling culmination, set a new standard within the death metal scene and have given new meaning and inverting the term “death metal” respectively.