Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

On 8/7/2018 at 11:47 AM, Jim Steele said:

New preorder up at Relapse: Outer Heaven - Realms of Eternal Decay. Tricolor merge with splatter (/100) looks sick

Definitely going to pre-order this once it pops up elsewhere since I missed the /100.  Too expensive to order straight through relapse due to shipping/tax.

2 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

I used to love relapse, now I just cringe whenever I see they are releasing something

They jumped the shark when they put out that shitty Red Fang record and had 34 variants, most in idiotic bundles, all overpriced. People bitched and they explained that lenticular covers were "very expensive to manufacture".

When I think about my favorite record labels (metal-specific as metal is all I collect,) Relapse is never one that comes to mind, as many classic releases/cool variants/etc. that they have, the pricing REALLY turns me away. 

I also think their releases are a perfect example of a label some of the vinyl stamp collector types flock to for limited, 'pretty' variants without being that interested in the artist/music.

Edited by coreystevens88

I've only recently found myself delving into the world of (extreme)metal.  So far, the bands that I'm into are Brand of Sacrifice, Skinless, Jinjer, Parius, and Sumac.

I think I prefer the deep, gargle-y growls as opposed to the high pitched screamy type, so I'm trying to find more like that.  

It's all very strange, I've never liked this type of music before and seems like something just clicked in the last month or so. 

32 minutes ago, MicLima said:

I've only recently found myself delving into the world of (extreme)metal.  So far, the bands that I'm into are Brand of Sacrifice, Skinless, Jinjer, Parius, and Sumac.

I think I prefer the deep, gargle-y growls as opposed to the high pitched screamy type, so I'm trying to find more like that.  

It's all very strange, I've never liked this type of music before and seems like something just clicked in the last month or so. 

Doesn't get much deeper and gargle-y than Craig Pillard - Incantation, Disma, though these may be too doom-y for you if that's not what you are looking for. 

If this is truly a totally new genre for you, get Neurosis' entire discography and thank me later

21 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

Doesn't get much deeper and gargle-y than Craig Pillard - Incantation, Disma, though these may be too doom-y for you if that's not what you are looking for. 

If this is truly a totally new genre for you, get Neurosis' entire discography and thank me later

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check them out.

SCORCHED - ECLIPTIC BUTCHERY pre-order also up at 20buckspin. With the year they've had, I'm just blind buying this beast. They've got nothing to prove to me in 2018 - take my money!

https://www.20buckspin.com/collections/front/products/scorched-ecliptic-butchery-lp

8 hours ago, JohnMatrix said:

Hells Headbangers has three of the new and "sold out"  Judas Iscariot records in stock if anyone is still interested in getting these

They aren't showing up if you search yet but they're in the new arrivals section for 8/24

At half the prices AMM was selling them for as well - amazing!

Seriously, every one of those releases is a joke - terrible quality thievery.  I hope this is finally the last we see of old Blake and his ponzi schemes.  

9 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

At half the prices AMM was selling them for as well - amazing!

Seriously, every one of those releases is a joke - terrible quality thievery.  I hope this is finally the last we see of old Blake and his ponzi schemes.  

Yeah, but the entertainment value has been off the charts with this.

AASS has stock imagery for the artwork and a flat-out embarrassing 'essay' in the gatefold littered with spelling errors about how the releases are legit despite what the internet may what you to believe.  I would never want one of these monstrosities sitting on my shelf even if that means I only own JI material in CD or digital format.  I sold my Leviathan 'First Sublevel' for the same reason, as it was the only thing I've purchased from them.

Hopefully Metal Archives puts this all to rest with Akhenaten's statement, the only people who actually seem to have had any contact with the artist in 2018. 

Stop giving money to thieves

Edited by coreystevens88

On 8/23/2018 at 8:40 AM, MicLima said:

Tomb mold and of feather and bone are a couple of newer death metal bands. Cianide is a another great death metal band. Their first two albums are more on the doom-death side, but their subsequent albums move at a faster pace. Also check out lord gore - resickened if you have a thing for the gurgles.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, coreystevens88 said:

AASS has stock imagery for the artwork and a flat-out embarrassing 'essay' in the gatefold littered with spelling errors about how the releases are legit despite what the internet may what you to believe.  I would never want one of these monstrosities sitting on my shelf even if that means I only own JI material in CD or digital format.  I sold my Leviathan 'First Sublevel' for the same reason, as it was the only thing I've purchased from them.

Hopefully Metal Archives puts this all to rest with Akhenaten's statement, the only people who actually seem to have had any contact with the artist in 2018. 

Stop giving money to thieves

Saw wrest post on instagram that he will no longer be working with Ascension Monuments as well....

Nazxul's black metal classic Totem up for preorder for the first time on vinyl 300 being pressed on black:

https://shop.seancerecords.com/collections/seance-releases/products/nazxul-totem-vinyl

I'm sure some of these will pop up in distros at some point if anyone is interested.

Reposting this from the other thread so people see.

Leviathan's Tenth Sub Level of Suicide is getting a repress.

http://www.moribundcult.com/product/DEAD43LP.html

Grey/black splatter 2xLP, $33.99.

DEAD43LP.jpg

Also, Abruptum's Bandcamp added a new run of colored, non-picture disc pressings of Obscuritatem and In Umbra.

0014120997_10.jpg

0014121001_10.jpg

Limited to 100 copies. Missed the first round of clear/metallic smoke, so I jumped on these. 9 of each left on Bandcamp, but there are some more at www.ipr666shop.com

Sorry if somebody's already posted these!