Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

ahhhh fuck accidentally ordered the splatter when i wanted the gold black green mix :wacko: on the plus side also grabbed a copy of Oxbow - Thin Black Duke that had been in my merchtable cart for some time.

They normally do 100 each of the splat, merge and gold variants...

4 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

ahhhh fuck accidentally ordered the splatter when i wanted the gold black green mix :wacko: on the plus side also grabbed a copy of Oxbow - Thin Black Duke that had been in my merchtable cart for some time.

Ahaaa...I hesitate between both and finally take the merge !

Edited by archiced

2 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Did the same thing. I ordered the splat and wanted the mix, even after I read your post. :lol: Both look cool.

1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

A friend pointed out to me today how underwhelming the recent splatter variants of Profound Lore releases have been - i.e. very different from the sample mock-ups, and I think that is pretty accurate. 

The splatters don't look bad per se, it's just that their merge or haze variants often look way cooler imho. 

21 minutes ago, vasdenyas said:

The splatters don't look bad per se, it's just that their merge or haze variants often look way cooler imho. 

I think that's pretty accurate.  I really like the splatter versions of the "Towards the Megalith" and "Vexovoid" represses.  But I was not impressed with the splatters for Of Feather And Bone "Bestial Hymns..." or Infernal Coil "Within A World Forgotten."  Hit or miss just like anything else

Waiting on dinner to arrive and have some down time - here are some of my favorite 2018 releases - some new music, some represses, etc.  In no particular order..

Sleep - The Sciences, 4/20 edition and green edition, Leagues Beneath EP.   The Leagues Beneath EP is seriously some of the coolest vinyl I've ever held.

M8f1s71.jpg

4p82Fn7.jpg

Qka7tqg.jpg

Bongripper - Terminal, tour exclusive pressing

05fOh3Z.jpg

SUMAC - Love In Shadow

3QjPVE0.jpg

Our Place Of Worship Is Silence - With Inexorable Suffering

uEbY67n.jpg

Bell Witch - 2011 Demo repress

2tKAVb9.jpg

Tomb Mold - Manor of Infinite Forms

p6tmSMd.jpg

OCnF8Yh.jpg

Vastum / Spectral Voice split 7"

Xc1uqX4.jpg

Mouth of the Architect - The Ties That Bind repress

JMbF5uL.jpg

Edited by coreystevens88
spelling

Thanks all! I’ll post a few more later I forgot last night. 

Shameless plug - I use these photos for my all metal vinyl instagram - would love to add any of this thread’s contributors!

https://www.instagram.com/corwinsworld/

Edited by coreystevens88
link

Continuing their amazing Finnish classics campaign, Svart Records will be releasing funeral doom landmark Skepticism's 'Stormcrowfleet' on vinyl for the first time this fall!!  Preorders up now:

https://www.svartrecords.com/product/stormcrowfleet-2018/

Black /500

Red /300

https://angstnoise.bandcamp.com/merch

or 

http://ancstcollective.com/

Ancst has a new 4 song EP out on black, clear and white. Each limited to 100 and it looks like each color has a different screen print on the B side. They have yet to put out anything I didn't love and I don't expect this to be any different. This is black metal with a bit of crust but they also have a few new tapes of their dark ambient music available on their bandcamp merch page.

abolitionist_pr.jpg