Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

21 hours ago, Metal Mike said:

That Culte Des Ghoules is outstanding.

Absolute truth.

It's a great album.

Their last was also amazing and they didn't try to do it again...they did a new thing. They did what Mayhem tried to do (when I saw them last year), but Cultes des Ghoules did it AMAZINGLY WELL...so much better.

54 minutes ago, anchorlessbodies said:

Mayhem wooden boxset limited to 1000 copies, seems pretty but the price tag is ouch:

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/mayhem-a-season-in-blasphemy-lp-box-digital

I don't know, this looks like a polished turd to me.  How about a proper DMDS reissue as a 2xLP with the second LP all instrumentals instead?

2 hours ago, coreystevens88 said:

This Tomb Mold 'Manor of Infinite Forms' second press is so incredible I couldn't say no, even though I have 3 of 4 of the first press variants

Just picked this up.  Listened to a little bit of last night and was impressed.

So much metal, so little time.  Found these two recently as well, lovin' it.

https://uniqueleaderrecords.bandcamp.com/album/molten-giant

https://blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/immersion

2 hours ago, ephemeral said:

Fallen Empire just listed their release schedule before they cease to exist

Basically said whatever is pre-ordered by individuals or wholesale is all they will press of an album. They really just don't care anymore lol

I don't understand if that list was the list of records they have in stock or records that will be released in the future. It seems like the Mare Cognitum and Tchornobog records would already be in stock. Judging from his FB posts and other internet stuff, the dude just seems annoyed and pissed. I wrote him about a record I ordered that was taking many months. He wrote me back a snarky email and I just told him to refund me. There are some great bands on the label, but if you're heart isn't in it, it's time to move on. 

47 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I don't understand if that list was the list of records they have in stock or records that will be released in the future. It seems like the Mare Cognitum and Tchornobog records would already be in stock. Judging from his FB posts and other internet stuff, the dude just seems annoyed and pissed. I wrote him about a record I ordered that was taking many months. He wrote me back a snarky email and I just told him to refund me. There are some great bands on the label, but if you're heart isn't in it, it's time to move on. 

Yeah really though, lots of great releases on the label but maybe it's a good idea to end it.

From my understanding the list will have a preorders launch on a certain day and however many orders they get in a certain amount of time is what they will press. Like October 26th will be a pre-order for those 8 releases. Mostly want that Wormlust LP

10 hours ago, ephemeral said:

Yeah really though, lots of great releases on the label but maybe it's a good idea to end it.

From my understanding the list will have a preorders launch on a certain day and however many orders they get in a certain amount of time is what they will press. Like October 26th will be a pre-order for those 8 releases. Mostly want that Wormlust LP

Yeah sounds like it i need to get that Skaphe2, there are some i want to grab from the later groups so hopefully they leave preorders up for a while...

22 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

Yeah sounds like it i need to get that Skaphe2, there are some i want to grab from the later groups so hopefully they leave preorders up for a while...

Yeah I hope they do too, there's a few from each lot I want. Gonna just have to suck it up and pay for the crappy shipping to Canada

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:22 PM, 2notepockets said:

in case anyone missed it Caleb Scofield memorial show streaming live here: https://scofieldbenefit.merchtable.com/?no_redirect=true

OMG on now, Isis reunion later :o

I was there, and it was absolutely incredible.  I can see myself a few times during OMG's set from the sideshow camera, haven't watched further yet

Checked out some new releases digitally at work today:

Outer Heaven "Reals of Eternal Decay"  - I don't know, sounded pretty average to me.  Last song was the best, I'll probably give it another listen before writing it off completely.

Revocation "The Outer Ones" - just not for me, made it about two minutes into the first song.  To safe and tech-y for my tastes, I'll stick to Artificial Brain. 

Tomorrow: Horrendous and Akitsa.

Edited by coreystevens88

12 hours ago, Prestonlanes said:

I also listened to that Outer Heaven record, and while I was underwhelmed by the singles, listening to the entire album made me dig it.

I think that Horrendous album is superb.  They’ve really grown.

Enjoyed Horrendous much more than Outer Heaven.  Listening to Akitsa - Credo now and THIS is some BLACK METAL!

33 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

Enjoyed Horrendous much more than Outer Heaven.  Listening to Akitsa - Credo now and THIS is some BLACK METAL!

Any idea of Credo will be released on vinyl?

EDIT:  See a sold out pressing here:

https://hospitalproductions.net/products/akitsa-credo-lp-smoke-color-vinyl

Edited by lamontbond

I hate when this thread isn't on the first page, or at least the second page.

Typically we discuss new releases, but what are some albums that are in dire need of being repressed?  For me:

- Incantation - Onward to Golgotha (last press 2015 1,500 total copies - not enough)

- diSEMBOWELMENT - Transcendence Into The Peripheral (pressed one time by Relapse in 2012 1,100 total copies - not enough)

I'm sure someone will probably say Weakling, but I selfishly hope it does not since I own an original, but would of course buy a copy should John Gossard ever actually decide to repress it himself

Edited by coreystevens88