Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

I'm just glad the black vinyl only and artwork are keeping people away, I was trying to go at least the month of January without buying/preordering anything.

Personally, I wish more bands went to such lengths to keep posers away.

Edited by coreystevens88

14 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

fvckin elite, coolest ov the cool, fvcking posers need to be crvcified, teach me yovr ways ov svperiority, o god ov non-posers.

It isn't news to any regulars in this thread that colored-vinyl Profound Lore releases have been poached by resellers for a while now.  Nothing about the music PISSGRAVE makes would be suited with some cheesy Cannibal Corpse-esque artwork. 

Great use of your fourth or fifth post in the thread, though - a real contributor you've been.

15 minutes ago, coreystevens88 said:

It isn't news to any regulars in this thread that colored-vinyl Profound Lore releases have been poached by resellers for a while now.  Nothing about the music PISSGRAVE makes would be suited with some cheesy Cannibal Corpse-esque artwork. 

Great use of your fourth or fifth post in the thread, though - a real contributor you've been.

I contribute to bands, not the egos of pretentious buttplugs. And believe it or not I don’t feel the need to post here (or my super cool insta) every time I pick a record up from this thread, but hey, keep assuming stuff. It really plays into that superiority complex you got going there.

yesterday I listened to ecliptic butchery and followed it up with E MO TION, which is more metal than you’ll ever be.

Ur 2 kvlt 4 me, but fuck Deafheaven, death 2 false metal, popularity and profit r fuckin lame, amirite?

go shave your neckbeard 

Edited by holyvacantsholyhell

I will say that i am impressed it took us 21 pages for the metal thread to hit this poseur debate. Honestly, not bad. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Regardless, this is still the only VC thread that matters to me anymore. 

Edited by monsterrod

8 minutes ago, monsterrod said:

I will say that i am impressed it took us 21 pages for the metal thread to hit this poseur debate. Honestly, not bad. Pretty, pretty, pretty good. Regardless, this is still the only VC thread that matters to me anymore. 

This is absolutely my favorite thread, most of my new purchases are from posts here.

37 minutes ago, holyvacantsholyhell said:

the music is garbage too, yr not missing out.

but you are a fvckin poser for not liking this!

If your cover is exploitative rather than artistic, I'm going to hard pass every. single. time.

Because it pretty much means the music is shit.

1 minute ago, Battra said:

If your cover is exploitative rather than artistic, I'm going to hard pass every. single. time.

Because it pretty much means the music is shit.

I can think of a handful of nasty covers to good albums (carcass immediately comes to mind) but by and large it’s a huge indicator of shit, for sure.

The record is caled "Posthumous Humiliation" so I saw it as an artistic choice, and one that I thought validated the gore. It really brings "Posthumous Humiliation" home and forces you to confront the meaning right off the bat. That being said, I think I'm just getting too old for this shit.