Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

32 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Just in case you for some crazy reason do not have the new Devil Master here is a new  /300 on yellow.

https://devilmaster.bandcamp.com/album/satan-spits-on-children-of-light

For some reason I did not, but thanks to your post I’ve remedied that.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:35 AM, 2notepockets said:

The best thing Yellow Eyes related imo is the Ustalost album Gilead put out a couple of years ago.

Having said that I did enjoy the last YE more that their previous stuff.

I second this.  I listen to the Ustalost album more than the YE stuff by a fair amount.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:35 AM, 2notepockets said:

The best thing Yellow Eyes related imo is the Ustalost album Gilead put out a couple of years ago.

Having said that I did enjoy the last YE more that their previous stuff.

I listened to the Ustalost album and agree that it is good. I also gave a proper listen to the last Yellow Eyes and really dug it. With the field recordings and other samples it got me thinking about Agalloch and Panopticon, even though they don't really sound like them. Definitely into it and excited for the new record.

19 minutes ago, ZeroNowhere said:

Looks like it already sold out, which I didn't expect to happen so quickly.  Glad some folks were able to grab it.  I love SOM.  I think they've become my favorite label.  

That is very surprising. Things usually stick around for a bit at SOM. At the same time, I didn't want to risk it and bought it immediately.

15 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Also, for superior sound quality there is a GITD version. The stuff in the bundles is actually pretty cool. Who doesn't need Abbath socks? Funny and yet well done.

https://kingsroadmerch.com/abbath/

I have an all over print of socks they did for Abbath a while back. They’re super duper thick. Great for winter haha

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Also, for superior sound quality there is a GITD version. The stuff in the bundles is actually pretty cool. Who doesn't need Abbath socks? Funny and yet well done.

https://kingsroadmerch.com/abbath/

Does glow in the dark really sound that bad? Missed that splatter, so I grabbed this version

7 minutes ago, Gippej said:

Does glow in the dark really sound that bad? Missed that splatter, so I grabbed this version

I'd say most of the GITD records I have are fairly flat in frequencies. They generally just sound a bit duller if you do a comparison. I still can't resist buying them...

6 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I'd say most of the GITD records I have are fairly flat in frequencies. They generally just sound a bit duller if you do a comparison. I still can't resist buying them...

Fair enough lol. This will be the first one I've ever purchased, maybe the icy black metal will overpower the extra surface noise everyone complains about haha. Either way, stoked for the album. He's got some tough competition going up against the latest Immortal record, that album was sick.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

That is very surprising. Things usually stick around for a bit at SOM. At the same time, I didn't want to risk it and bought it immediately.

Yeah, I didn't expect this to sell out while I was in the airport.

Also, the majority of GITD records I've owned aren't that great, but I do feel like they've gotten better. Guess we'll find out.

Edited by Metal Mike
Fuck you, that's why.

6 hours ago, Gippej said:

The red/black splatter is still available from the SOM international website. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll get a $5 coupon, so $34.25 shipped. 

https://shop.season-of-mist.com/abbath-outstrider-lp-gatefold-coloured-digital

1 hour ago, burnthealbum said:

Got my shipping notice for the Vaura record, for those that ordered.

Same here, Profound Lore really is the best when it comes to early shipping. 

Edited by BeerMonger
context

1 hour ago, BeerMonger said:

The red/black splatter is still available from the SOM international website. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll get a $5 coupon, so $34.25 shipped. 

https://shop.season-of-mist.com/abbath-outstrider-lp-gatefold-coloured-digital

Yea I noticed that earlier, still like 5 bucks more than the GITD, so I think I'll roll the dice on that one. Thanks though!

10 hours ago, Gippej said:

Yea I noticed that earlier, still like 5 bucks more than the GITD, so I think I'll roll the dice on that one. Thanks though!

No problem! I hope it turns out to be a good pressing for those that picked it up. 

I don't own any GITD records, but I think this would be a good place to start. 

Edited by BeerMonger
a word