Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

28 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Of course, any tops list is subjective, but there were a lot of omissions and why are they on here moments. I can completely agree with their #1 pick. PT kicks ass.

Kerrang 50 Best American Metal Bands

I may be remiss, as I've never checked out Mutoid Man (I've meant to).

But I can't super argue with the rest of the top five.

1 hour ago, Metal Mike said:

I may be remiss, as I've never checked out Mutoid Man (I've meant to).

But I can't super argue with the rest of the top five.

Mutoid Man are ok but wouldn't have thought they would be top 5 anything... I just skimmed the list they referred to Black Breath as powerviolence lol

Edited by 2notepockets

1 hour ago, 2notepockets said:

Mutoid Man are ok but wouldn't have thought they would be top 5 anything

IMO they work better in the context of Two Minutes to Late Night

Speaking of which, wonder what Black Breath are up to these days? I remember seeing Eli work at a local record store a few years ago.

47 minutes ago, KaitouG said:

IMO they work better in the context of Two Minutes to Late Night

Speaking of which, wonder what Black Breath are up to these days? I remember seeing Eli work at a local record store a few years ago.

Yeah maybe that's why I consider them not so much a joke band but definitely not a serious band, and as we all know Metal is life or death serious only....:P

Yeah that was the other thing about Black Breath being on there because the criteria stipulated active recording bands only and they don't seem to be that....

Mutoid Man are clearly a bunch of guys just having fun and in it's own way that is refreshing. Most of the people I know who have sort of stadium metal tastes that I have introduced to them really like their stuff and it is accessible, catchy and heavy in just the right balance. Depends how you gauge what counts as the best I guess, if you're ranking from a point of view of heavy music that get's you pumped up they're definitely great candidates. If you're thinking of it more in terms of high art, chin stroking music then they seem out of place for sure.

Still it's Kerrang! they're hardly the journalists to get the whole picture of what is the best modern metal.

Edited by Stress On The Sky

Diocletian LP. Shit is heavy. Tough for me to throw money around today knowing I'm going to be spending on Tomb Mold tomorrow. I'm not made of cash, despite my online behavior. 

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/diocletian-amongst-the-flames-of-a-burning-god-lp

Edited by monsterrod

I don't know if I missed this or if it went up recently? I usually buy most of the Profound Lore stuff, so maybe I already bought a copy ;). Only a few /100 left. Nicely brutal.

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/consummation-the-great-solar-hunter-2xlp

https://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-great-solar-hunter?fbclid=IwAR2tl5-95yHYBJK-ze3fot8V7KarXMZHUVFdVSnV_Si1EIVsw1iGtsJFp14