Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

19 minutes ago, monsterrod said:

I made the mistake of leaving this thread and checking out more of the board. There are people contemplating ordering a $400-$600 Jonas Brothers set. It's a scary, scary world outside of this thread. 

Right? It's almost like they're the ones entitled to the word "extreme."

Full length from .gif from god.  Pretty sure it's being released by Prosthetic but right now it's only been made available through the band's bandcamp.  These guys aren't death metal but for lack of a better thread I'm posting in here...

https://giffromgod.bandcamp.com/album/approximation-of-a-human

31 minutes ago, hallowken78 said:

Full length from .gif from god.  Pretty sure it's being released by Prosthetic but right now it's only been made available through the band's bandcamp.  These guys aren't death metal but for lack of a better thread I'm posting in here...

https://giffromgod.bandcamp.com/album/approximation-of-a-human

Oooooooh I like. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

Yes, but I want it. The bust would look cool next to my turntable. Ugh. Too much money spent this month.

Yeah, it's pretty fucking sick (pun intended). And at that price with the LP included, seems pretty reasonable.

When I saw the email, I immediately assumed it would be stupid expensive and that wanting it would be a non issue.

I'm still probably gonna pass, but it's pushing my want buttons. 

man....Relapse really is milking that Death discography...I wonder if Schuldiner's mom is actually seeing any of the profit(s)...

that colorway looks great, but not at 70+ shipped. My wife would probably divorce me if I put that bust in our living room next to the stereo 😂

Edited by BeerMonger

Just got this email from Bullmoose. Seems really strange that Rise Above is cancelling all of these pressings. Is there something I missed?

"Hello,

Firstly, we thank you for placing your pre-order through Bull Moose! Unfortunately, we are contacting you due to the cancellation of all Church of Misery releases from 7/12. We have just been informed that the label made the decision to cancel all four titles, and as far as we are aware they will not be made available anywhere. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding! We will be cancelling all order for the following titles, and since we do not charge for pre-orders until the order is being shipped a refund will not be necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us, and have a great day!

CHURCH OF MISERY/HOUSES OF THE UNHOLY 803341255173

CHURCH OF MISERY/SECOND COMING 803341339163

CHURCH OF MISERY/MASTER OF BRUTALITY 803341339149

CHURCH OF MISERY/THY KINGDOM SCUM 803341398269"

1 minute ago, lexicondevil said:

Just got this email from Bullmoose. Seems really strange that Rise Above is cancelling all of these pressings. Is there something I missed?

"Hello,

Firstly, we thank you for placing your pre-order through Bull Moose! Unfortunately, we are contacting you due to the cancellation of all Church of Misery releases from 7/12. We have just been informed that the label made the decision to cancel all four titles, and as far as we are aware they will not be made available anywhere. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding! We will be cancelling all order for the following titles, and since we do not charge for pre-orders until the order is being shipped a refund will not be necessary. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us, and have a great day!

CHURCH OF MISERY/HOUSES OF THE UNHOLY 803341255173

CHURCH OF MISERY/SECOND COMING 803341339163

CHURCH OF MISERY/MASTER OF BRUTALITY 803341339149

CHURCH OF MISERY/THY KINGDOM SCUM 803341398269"

well that fuckin blows.