Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

I'm just glad that the new Vastum record will come out on 20buck instead of Relapse, so I won't be tempted to buy some stupid bundle with a colostomy bag or other nonsense. Definitely being a bit more discriminating about what I buy for the sake of my bank account. Trying to stay away from new bands as much as possible.

3 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I'm just glad that the new Vastum record will come out on 20buck instead of Relapse, so I won't be tempted to buy some stupid bundle with a colostomy bag or other nonsense. Definitely being a bit more discriminating about what I buy for the sake of my bank account. Trying to stay away from new bands as much as possible.

My steps to not getting too crazy:

1. Don't buy bundles. Just buy a record. Also don't buy multiple versions of a single record.

2. Don't be a completist. If I don't to listen to an album all the way through I don't buy them on vinyl. 

3. Buy records for intrinsic value and not for future value.

4. Don't buy Marilyn Manson Portrait of An American Family or Motley Crue ST.

Edited by Battra

4 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

I've been avoiding buying albums based on a single or two unless it's a band I have faith in.  Means I've been missing out on a lot of rarer variants, but it also means less duds on my shelf.

10 hours ago, Battra said:

My steps to not getting too crazy:

1. Don't buy bundles. Just buy a record. Also don't buy multiple versions of a single record.

2. Don't be a completist. If I don't to listen to an album all the way through I don't buy them on vinyl. 

3. Buy records for intrinsic value and not for future value.

4. Don't buy Marilyn Manson Portrait of An American Family or Motley Crue ST.

Pretty much what I do these days to not drown in records. Also for every record I buy I try at least to sell another one I don't listen to any more, which also made me sell nearly all my multiple versions I ever had. This way I try to keep my collection confined to one Kallax, with emphasis on "try" 😅

https://willowtip.bandcamp.com/album/willowtip-sampler-2018

Willowtip grab bag:

Ok, fans of the grab bags we have offered keep asking for us to offer vinyl - well here it is.

In this grab bag you are guaranteed to receive at least 3 vinyl 12" LPs with full packaging and 5 loose brand new CDs (these are loose cd's only with no artwork or cases included). Of course you may also get buttons, stickers, who knows what else included as well but nothing more is guaranteed other than 3 vinyl LPs and 5 loose CDs that may come from the distro or Willowtip releases stock. Do not expect to get brand new releases but older releases from the Willowtip catalog or distro items that are overstocked. This is a way for us to clear out some inventory and to get fans some good records at a cheap price.

We have approx 50 of these available and the max you can order is ONE to get different titles.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE ALL YOUR VINYL IN PERFECT MINT CONDITION

There is nothing wrong with this vinyl but some items have been in stock for many many years and may have normal wear. There could be a nicked corner, there could be a slight split in the cover but that would be very rare. There could be limited edition items that have slight corner or cover damage that we have no replacements for thus can't sell new. The majority of the vinyl should be perfect, but we are not accepting returns for a nicked corner or condition issues for these grab bags.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL there are no returns for this item

Includes unlimited streaming of Willowtip Sampler 2018 via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

Trying to stick with my no-buying-new-to-me bands, but this one made me crack.  Good old black metal. I'm honestly getting a little overloaded on death metal with cookie monster vocals. I have plenty of bands for that and probably don't need any new ones, at this time. I hope the rest of the record is like this.

https://profoundlorerecords.merchtable.com/music/the-deathtrip-demon-solar-totem-vinyl-lp 

On 9/7/2019 at 1:51 AM, vasdenyas said:

Pretty much what I do these days to not drown in records. Also for every record I buy I try at least to sell another one I don't listen to any more, which also made me sell nearly all my multiple versions I ever had. This way I try to keep my collection confined to one Kallax, with emphasis on "try" 😅

I've been shopping Marilyn Manson's Portrait ever since I posted that..... =/

I need to pull some stuff out of the collection too.

Didn't see this posted, but a couple 1349 albums getting a reissue. Street date is October 11.

Beyond the Apocalypse (Clear): https://www.amzn.com/B07W5CHHSF/

Hellfire (Red): https://www.amzn.com/B07WLBTY3Q/

They're on Bullmoose, etc. too, if that's what you prefer..

Edited by erikness

On 9/9/2019 at 9:22 PM, faaip de oiad said:

https://willowtip.bandcamp.com/album/willowtip-sampler-2018

Willowtip grab bag:

Ok, fans of the grab bags we have offered keep asking for us to offer vinyl - well here it is.

In this grab bag you are guaranteed to receive at least 3 vinyl 12" LPs with full packaging and 5 loose brand new CDs (these are loose cd's only with no artwork or cases included). Of course you may also get buttons, stickers, who knows what else included as well but nothing more is guaranteed other than 3 vinyl LPs and 5 loose CDs that may come from the distro or Willowtip releases stock. Do not expect to get brand new releases but older releases from the Willowtip catalog or distro items that are overstocked. This is a way for us to clear out some inventory and to get fans some good records at a cheap price.

We have approx 50 of these available and the max you can order is ONE to get different titles.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS IF YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE ALL YOUR VINYL IN PERFECT MINT CONDITION

There is nothing wrong with this vinyl but some items have been in stock for many many years and may have normal wear. There could be a nicked corner, there could be a slight split in the cover but that would be very rare. There could be limited edition items that have slight corner or cover damage that we have no replacements for thus can't sell new. The majority of the vinyl should be perfect, but we are not accepting returns for a nicked corner or condition issues for these grab bags.

ALL SALES ARE FINAL there are no returns for this item

Includes unlimited streaming of Willowtip Sampler 2018 via the free Bandcamp app, plus high-quality download in MP3, FLAC and more.

I did this and hope I get no CDs.

11 hours ago, burnthealbum said:

Awesome, was about to buy the CD and probably still will. driving depressed.

I can only hope this lives up to the unrivaled quality of the Ascension Monuments represses 🤨

Edited by 2notepockets