Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

22 minutes ago, monsterrod said:

Happy to see no color options other than black. That works for me. Ordered that Leviathan set. Stoked. 

I hope that means I can hold off and it will stick around. That's a hefty price tag and I shouldn't be spending money at this moment.

HOLY SHIT! I'm so excited for this! I missed the initial Bandcamp release several years ago but just got this news over the weekend:

cryptCDS02-RP-R.jpg

cryptCDS02-RP-C.jpg

timeghoullpblack.jpg

THIS IS A PRE-ORDER FROM THE CRYPT/DARK SYMPHONIES. THIS ITEM

ALL ITEMS ORDERED WITH IT WILL SHIP ON/AROUND DEC 20, 2019. QUESTIONS - [email protected]

Originally released in 2012, and having been long out of print for some time now, The Crypt proudly presents an affordable single LP version of the official vinyl reissue of both classic demos from the legendary Science Fiction / Fantasy Death Metal legends TIMEGHOUL (USA).

Born in the Midwest United States in 1987, Doom’s Lyre remained relatively quiet, recording no material before changing their name. In 1991, Doom’s Lyre, now renamed Timeghoul, set out by releasing two demos; 1992’s Tumultuous Travelings and 1994’s Panaramic Twilight.

Largely ignored and mostly forgotten, these recordings did not receive the recognition they deserved until years later. Timeghoul’s eclectic and complex style of US death metal started to gain momentum within the underground as overlooked and classic material.

Presented in a 350 gram semi-gloss jacket featuring Mark Riddick's fantastic original artwork, this LP features a classic 2 sided printed insert with original flyers, band photos, lyrics and additional liner notes by Mark Riddick and band member Mike Stevens. ULTRA-Limited to 200 copies, 100 copies will be on classic black vinyl, 100 on ruby red vinyl and 100 crystal clear vinyl (Dark Descent Exclusive).

RED $20

CLEAR $21

BLACK $20

If you don't know who this is:

https://timeghoul.bandcamp.com/album/1992-1994-discography-digital-download

(Standouts: "Boiling in the Hourglass" "Occurrence on Mimas")

On 11/8/2019 at 3:46 AM, phantasmatt said:

Whitehead's artwork is always top tier. I'd love to get tatted by him someday!

Is the art work by Whitehead? The label FB post says artwork by 'Abomination Hammer' lol

On a side note I saw Eyehategod for the first time last night and it was super rad 🤯

Second pressing of Blood Incantation's new album go up for preorder tomorrow. 2 new colored variants.

Also up for preorder tomorrow - Starspawn reissue.

Well shit... looks like I'll be double dipping on Hidden History just to get a colored variant. Wish I would've known this before I ordered the black edition. 

Edited by phantasmatt

19 hours ago, phantasmatt said:

Second pressing of Blood Incantation's new album go up for preorder tomorrow. 2 new colored variants.

Well shit... looks like I'll be double dipping on Hidden History just to get a colored variant. Wish I would've known this before I ordered the black edition. 

There any pictures of these up anywhere? There's 2 new color variants of Hidden History.

Edited by paulaayy

20 hours ago, phantasmatt said:

I held off ordering this on black because I assumed they'd repress it with all the hype that its getting. Stoked to have snagged a 2nd press galaxy variant. Thanks for the heads up. 

22 hours ago, paulaayy said:

Went with the non galaxy colored version of Hidden History, and galaxy red/black on Starspawn. Glad I didn't pick up the picture disc of Starspawn I saw at the local spot recently. Almost did.

I literally just bought Starspawn on yellow/red and the first record on red from a friend, and received them in the mail the day they announced the repressing.  Ugh. 

For general discussion (soz not a pre order)

Decibel top 40 albums for 2019 https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2019/11/12/spoiler-here-are-decibels-top-40-albums-of-2019/

Inter Arma should be higher for mine, also don't think the Blood Incantation and Cattle decap albums were even out when this was put together... Although the HHOTHR is fecking phenomenal.