Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

Has anyone ever ordered any records from Northeastern Steel Industry (NESI)?

I just found out that WITTR did a release with them for their last record...and it's sold out on their site...but found some copies for same on Discogs. But just curious as to NESI's quality and rep. 

6 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I just found out that WITTR did a release with them for their last record...and it's sold out on their site...but found some copies for same on Discogs. But just curious as to NESI's quality and rep. 

Honestly some of the nicest pressed, highest-quality packaging and bomb-proof shipping around. I ordered the last set of Blood Incantation records and then some Agolloch LPs and have been mightily impressed. You'll pay out the nose but the quality is there to back it up. 

27 minutes ago, jhulud said:

best vinyl label in the world. insane quality that is unmatched

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

NESI is legit, try meteor-gem.com for NESI stock stateside occasionally. Great shop run by a VC member. 

1 hour ago, jhulud said:

Like everyone else has said, NESI does beautiful pressings. They are expensive, but if you don't dig them you can always sell them for cost+. The problem is trying to snag an /100 pressing can be really tough, unless it's a later /100. We're talking minutes after they drop. I got Agalloch and Black Kirin pressings from them and am completely happy that I did.

Edited by lexicondevil

19 minutes ago, rooks said:

NESI is legit, try meteor-gem.com for NESI stock stateside occasionally. Great shop run by a VC member. 

Just checked them. Didn't have the NESI version of the WITTR. 

So what's a a good price for it? The two listed U.S. sellers in Discogs for the numbered /100 pressing range from $85.99 to $90.00 (shipping inc.) but they have a "make offer" options...

2 hours ago, 1876records said:

I paid $110 for Napalm Death’s latest record on NESI splatter /100 and $100 on Children of Bodom - “Hate Crew” to give you some reference 

That are aftermarket  prices, right?

But yeah, NESI is high quality. I have like Alcest, Tiamat and Amorphis and those belong in the top ten of my collection.

Regarding WITTR it could be possible that they’re doing a "Japanese" edition later like they did with so many others, if you want to get it for a better price. 

The WITTR shows 'out of stock' on the NESI site:

Wolves In The Throne Room - Primordial Arcana Splatter Vinyl | Nesimedia

There are a few numbered /100 and not #'d in Discogs already. 

I made offers on the two available Stateside...let's see if they agree and not feel being lowballed. At the HK$ exchange rate they went for $45...so I made offers a bit higher. 

EDIT: One offer was declined...the other was accepted and invoice sent. Nabbed it for $75 shipped. 

6 hours ago, solitaryreign said:

That are aftermarket  prices, right?

But yeah, NESI is high quality. I have like Alcest, Tiamat and Amorphis and those belong in the top ten of my collection.

Regarding WITTR it could be possible that they’re doing a "Japanese" edition later like they did with so many others, if you want to get it for a better price. 

Yes correct! I should have specified haha. 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:10 AM, jhulud said:

I got a copy of their Cannibal Corpse reissues and it is wonderful. No complaints on that one purchase.

1 hour ago, mattycakes said:

He also put up copies of that Ustalost record that's pretty awesome too.

As an fyi for those who havent dealt with gilead, its a great label music wise but he almost always misses his release dates by a long shot. And this was before the recent back up at plants. I did the subscriptions before and would get records like a year or more after it was supposed to come out. 

If anyone is still looking for Këkht Aräkh albums, Hell's Headbangers just got some in stock! Be quick they won't last long! Edit: Night & Love just sold out

Pale Swordsman:
https://shop-hellsheadbangers.com/item.asp?cID=659&scID=659&PID=100413

There's also some Carved Cross and Celestial Key in stock.

Edited by ScourgeOfWrath