Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

Lots of great releases today, including (finally) some solid death metal.

Semi-surprising to some, myself included - I think Chris Reifert's new album with Greg Wilkinson (both from Autopsy) as Static Abyss is worth checking out.  Only vinyl release is on 140g black, up on Amazon, Bandcamp, and Peaceville's shop.  Pretty sweet death/doom with some touches of Autopsy in places.  

https://peaceville.bandcamp.com/album/labyrinth-of-veins

On 4/21/2022 at 10:55 AM, prowl20 said:

Can anyone weigh in how the the single LP version of "On The Subject Of Mortality" sounds compared to the double LP? Cramming 25 and a half minutes of music per side seems a bit much. Does it still sound okay?

I gave both copies a listen over the weekend and the single LP sounds really good.   Unless you really prefer the original master, you'll probably be happy with the single LP.

1 hour ago, radiatorhums said:

I gave both copies a listen over the weekend and the single LP sounds really good.   Unless you really prefer the original master, you'll probably be happy with the single LP.

Awesome! Thanks! I just snagged The Scars Of Man 1 and 2 so I’ll look into The Subject of Morality next ☺️ 

Not sure if it's been posted already...but Discordance Axis are reissuing The Inalienable Dreamless on a multitude of colors. Each /200. Some already sold out. 

Merch | Discordance Axis (bandcamp.com)

Personally...I can't decide between the Blue w/ Baby Blue splatter or the Blue w/ Black splatter. Would've loved the Clear w/ Blue & White splatter but it's sold out. 

4 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Been listening to Homovore a lot lately as an "intro" to Cattle Decapitation. Suggestions for next album? I did a little bit of reading and it seems like the consensus is that these guys get better over time (I love when that happens) - should I just skip to the new stuff?

Yes.

4 hours ago, phillybhatesme said:

Been listening to Homovore a lot lately as an "intro" to Cattle Decapitation. Suggestions for next album? I did a little bit of reading and it seems like the consensus is that these guys get better over time (I love when that happens) - should I just skip to the new stuff?

To Serve Man was my intro when it first came out. Maybe try that next? I remember loving the intro to Chunk Blower

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

Not sure if it's been posted already...but Discordance Axis are reissuing The Inalienable Dreamless on a multitude of colors. Each /200. Some already sold out. 

Merch | Discordance Axis (bandcamp.com)

Personally...I can't decide between the Blue w/ Baby Blue splatter or the Blue w/ Black splatter. Would've loved the Clear w/ Blue & White splatter but it's sold out. 

Holy shit. This month has been off the hook!