Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

3 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Southern Lord is putting out a live Power Trip album.  Here's the bandcamp listing, but the email from the band says vinyl pre-orders won't be for another month (May 5th) with the album releasing on June 23rd. 

Live in Seattle 05/28/2018 | Power Trip (bandcamp.com)

Good to see that they are finally pressing this.

• 3 weeks later...

Power Trip live album is up for PO:

Transparent Light Blue/500 (BC exclusive), Transparent Green/1000, and black available through BC:

Southern Lord Store has black, transparent green, and transparent purple/1000:

Power Trip – Live in Seattle (PRE-ORDER) – Southern Lord Recordings

Re-posting this because I wasn't sure which thread was more appropriate:

This German site has an /75 repress of Prayer for Cleansing's The Rain in Endless Fall.  They did a run of 500 total last year over a couple variants, now it looks like 500 more this year from what I can gather (425 on white and 75 of this blue variant):

Prayer for Cleansing "The Rain in Endless Fall" Transparent Blue Splatter | Occult Vibrations

Only spot I've seen the white for sale is here:

Prayer For Cleansing - The Rain In Endless Fall LP | Wanna Hear It Records (wannahearitstore.com)

2 hours ago, hallowken78 said:

Power Trip live album is up for PO:

Transparent Light Blue/500 (BC exclusive), Transparent Green/1000, and black available through BC:

Southern Lord Store has black, transparent green, and transparent purple/1000:

Power Trip – Live in Seattle (PRE-ORDER) – Southern Lord Recordings

And 3 splatter variants also available through Southern Lord Europe:

Power Trip – Live in Seattle (PRE-ORDER) – Southern Lord Recordings Europe (southernlordeurope.com)

On 5/5/2023 at 8:00 AM, hallowken78 said:

And 3 splatter variants also available through Southern Lord Europe:

Power Trip – Live in Seattle (PRE-ORDER) – Southern Lord Recordings Europe (southernlordeurope.com)

Definitely the more interesting looking variants. Good thing I sold an expensive record this week, so I could give all of the money to Southern Lord.

Here's your classic thrash metal update:

Been behind on the classic thrash reissues, but lemme tell you, we've been inundated with the thrash these days! Well, if you've been keeping up with Overkill's colored vinyl reissue campaign of all their Atlantic years, then you'd know we're up to Horrorscope now. All of these are getting a half speed master treatment on colored vinyl. Essentially they're the same pressings that came in the Atlantic years box set. These sound phenomenal! The artwork on these are very sharp but a little dark especially the Horrorscope artwork compared to my SYEOR issue.

So far we've gotten:

Taking Over on pink marble

Under the Influence on yellow marble

The Years of Decay on red marble

Horrorscope on blue marble(much better than the Rhino 2017 SYEOR campaign) 

These are all available on Amazon and all record stores as well. At a very modest price to boot!

and finally, the last ones from the Atlantic years:

"I Hear Black" and "W.F.O." both hitting the shelves July 7th. 

Next up we have 2 thrash reissues from Music On Vinyl: 

First we had technical thrash metal band Realm album debut "Endless War" on silver vinyl featuring CD only track "Theseus and the Minotaur".

6893_foto2_product_xl.jpg?fbce3118d08914

Next we have another American thrash metal band, Whiplash with "Ticket to Mayhem" on swamp green vinyl.

6861_foto2_product_xl.jpg?f3a77e1988c491

both of these reissues can be found on Amazon and your local record stores as well.

next we had German progressive thrash debut from Sieges Even "Life Cycle" originally released in 1988 is reissued on Golden Core Records in classic black vinyl.

194111016033.jpg

as of this date all of these are available on Amazon

we have A few more left😅 these are pre-orders

We have Powermad Absolute Power from 1989 on silver vinyl limited to 1000 copies. Music On Vinyl is taking care of this thrash classic as well. Pre-order date is May 26th. Also available on Amazon and Wal-Mart too? Anyways if you doing like ordering online you can also check your local.

Notably, Powermad had a cameo in the David Lynch film "Wild at Heart" playing their song Slaughterhouse with Nicholas Cage slam dancing and doing the helicopter on the dance floor before breaking out into his Elvis Presley impersonation. Where've we seen that before?

7028_foto2_product_groot.jpg?1ce0034d835

Well Century Media likes to reach back into their Combat and Classics vault. And if you missed your chance, now's the time.

Century Media is repressing both of Demolition Hammer's highly sought after first 2 albums on "limited" colored vinyl. These are limited to 200 each. (although I believe there's an indie variant coming as well).

expected to ship on July 05, 2023

1990 Tortured Existence

Y4LPCE700.jpg

https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4LPCE700/demolition-hammer-tortured-existence-reissue-2023-transparent-blue-lp?cp=null

1992 Epidemic of Violence

Y4LPCE699.jpg

https://centurymedia.store/product/Y4LPCE699/demolition-hammer-epidemic-of-violence-reissue-2023-transparent-sun-yellow-lp?cp=null

Anyways sorry for the long post. Got caught up in some drama😅

1 hour ago, faaip de oiad said:

🤯I've been waiting for this drop!

Me too. 

I'm glad that the better colors are the more widely available. 

Have you heard the re-recorded version of "Morbid Visions" (song)? It sounds like it was recorded in a garbage can keeping in that lo-fi vibe of the original. Love it. 

5 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Me too. 

I'm glad that the better colors are the more widely available. 

Have you heard the re-recorded version of "Morbid Visions" (song)? It sounds like it was recorded in a garbage can keeping in that lo-fi vibe of the original. Love it. 

Just heard it last night. Very much looking forward to the whole album. BTW do you know where the black Corona variants are being released from? I can't find any info on them. Maybe indie? 

59 minutes ago, faaip de oiad said:

Just heard it last night. Very much looking forward to the whole album. BTW do you know where the black Corona variants are being released from? I can't find any info on them. Maybe indie? 

Nuclear Blast Europe

Search results for: 'Cavalera' | Nuclear Blast

3 hours ago, 2notepockets said:

I really don't understand the purpose of this, we already have both these albums complete with cavalera's playing on them... Cash grab?

In recent years, Max has been saying that they were not 100% happy with the original recordings and they were not wholly representative of the band's sound as they were limited in the studio and whatnot. Plus yeah, cash grab. 

I mean...if Taylor Swift can go back & re-record all her stuff...why not everyone else? 

15 hours ago, jhulud said:

In recent years, Max has been saying that they were not 100% happy with the original recordings and they were not wholly representative of the band's sound as they were limited in the studio and whatnot. Plus yeah, cash grab. 

I mean...if Taylor Swift can go back & re-record all her stuff...why not everyone else? 

Ok, yeah I mean it's their shit they can do as they please... lots of people seem to be digging it, but if they kept it a similar sounding lofi production, seems to contradict their reasoning a little....