VinylMario

Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

I really enjoyed Our Raw Heart after first listen today.  Very happy I picked up the deluxe clear/splatter vinyl.

Since we're almost halfway through the year, some of my 2018 highlights, in no particular order:

Our Place of Worship is Silence - With Inexorable Suffering

Sleep - The Sciences

Ghastly - Death Velour

Panopticon - The Scars of Man... Pt 1 & 2 

Mournful Congregation - The Incubus of Karma

Vastum/Spectral Voice split

Wayfarer - World's Blood

Tomb Mold - Manor of Infinite Forms

and now Yob

Looking forward to: Bongripper, Thou, maybe MGLA will surprise us toward the end of the year?

7 hours ago, museummouth said:

New Thou should be epic. I’d love a new album from MGLA such an underrated band. Patiently waiting for the new Behemoth lp. 

I don't know about MGLA being underrated anymore after 'Exercises';  I saw A LOT of MGLA shirts and patches at Maryland Deathfest two weekends ago.

Edited by coreystevens88
typo

New /200  splatter variant of Necrot "Blood Offerings" is up at Tankcrimes. 2017's best Death Metal album, BUY OR DIE!!!

https://tankcrimes.merchtable.com/mobile/products/tankcrimes-music/vinyl/necrot-blood-offerings-vinyl-lp

Edited by monsterrod

MGLA rules and now I have my hopes up for a new album.  

it'd be cool if we could combine this and the Black Metal thread since these are the only two threads I regularly check anymore. One stop shopping would be convenient. 

Edited by monsterrod

2 hours ago, museummouth said:

Picked up the new YOB indie gold today and it's so damn good. Rivaling Sleep for best metal LP this year. 

Any chance you'll do a review of the album on your page?

Edited by Vaporwave Meme Poster

I've seen it discussed on NWN and Reddit now, but not here:  Anyone kept up with the Judas Iscariot reissue drama with Ascension Monuments Media?  I am waiting for response about cancelling my preorders currently, the whole situation has turned into a circus that I wish to avoid.

1 hour ago, coreystevens88 said:

I've seen it discussed on NWN and Reddit now, but not here:  Anyone kept up with the Judas Iscariot reissue drama with Ascension Monuments Media?  I am waiting for response about cancelling my preorders currently, the whole situation has turned into a circus that I wish to avoid.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried due to the number of preorders I have with them. I'm not giving them any more money until I get something.

What's my old rule? Never trust a junkie?

I ordered 'Of Great Eternity' 'To Embrace' and 'Dethroned' the day they were put up, before everything else was announced.  After no issues with my Leviathan 'First Sublevel' LP order, I had already preordered Leviathan's "Unfailing Fall.." and felt fine with my orders.  Then the preorders just kept coming: variants, deluxe this / deluxe that.  THEN the shipping dates updated in Bandcamp from September to December - which would fall after the 6-month protected Paypal Window.  And THEN the "We found 38 deadstock copies of the OG Sombre 'Distant' pressing so we're hooking you all up" but in reality they were bootlegs, they are discovered so they change their tune to "Who cares who pressed it, I can't get a first press and this version is pretty nice considering." 

I don't need JI reissues bad enough to deal with this rigmarole from this company.  They can all stay as elusive $200-600  first presses on Discogs, we don't need "Andrew gave me permission 10 years ago" garbage reissues.