faaip de oiad

Extreme Metal Releases and Pre-orders

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

Also, for superior sound quality there is a GITD version. The stuff in the bundles is actually pretty cool. Who doesn't need Abbath socks? Funny and yet well done.

https://kingsroadmerch.com/abbath/

Does glow in the dark really sound that bad? Missed that splatter, so I grabbed this version

7 minutes ago, Gippej said:

Does glow in the dark really sound that bad? Missed that splatter, so I grabbed this version

I'd say most of the GITD records I have are fairly flat in frequencies. They generally just sound a bit duller if you do a comparison. I still can't resist buying them...

6 minutes ago, lexicondevil said:

I'd say most of the GITD records I have are fairly flat in frequencies. They generally just sound a bit duller if you do a comparison. I still can't resist buying them...

Fair enough lol. This will be the first one I've ever purchased, maybe the icy black metal will overpower the extra surface noise everyone complains about haha. Either way, stoked for the album. He's got some tough competition going up against the latest Immortal record, that album was sick.

2 hours ago, lexicondevil said:

That is very surprising. Things usually stick around for a bit at SOM. At the same time, I didn't want to risk it and bought it immediately.

Yeah, I didn't expect this to sell out while I was in the airport.

Also, the majority of GITD records I've owned aren't that great, but I do feel like they've gotten better. Guess we'll find out.

Edited by Metal Mike
Fuck you, that's why.

6 hours ago, Gippej said:

The red/black splatter is still available from the SOM international website. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll get a $5 coupon, so $34.25 shipped. 

https://shop.season-of-mist.com/abbath-outstrider-lp-gatefold-coloured-digital

1 hour ago, burnthealbum said:

Got my shipping notice for the Vaura record, for those that ordered.

Same here, Profound Lore really is the best when it comes to early shipping. 

Edited by BeerMonger
context

1 hour ago, BeerMonger said:

The red/black splatter is still available from the SOM international website. If you sign up for their newsletter you'll get a $5 coupon, so $34.25 shipped. 

https://shop.season-of-mist.com/abbath-outstrider-lp-gatefold-coloured-digital

Yea I noticed that earlier, still like 5 bucks more than the GITD, so I think I'll roll the dice on that one. Thanks though!

10 hours ago, Gippej said:

Yea I noticed that earlier, still like 5 bucks more than the GITD, so I think I'll roll the dice on that one. Thanks though!

No problem! I hope it turns out to be a good pressing for those that picked it up. 

I don't own any GITD records, but I think this would be a good place to start. 

Edited by BeerMonger
a word

MOL suggested this band, Numenorean, on their FB page, so I gave them a try. Been looking for the purple or green vinyl ever since. Today it popped up back in stock. Purple is /200(Update- seems to be sold out again). They have the blackgaze thing going.

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=numenorean

Edited by lexicondevil

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

MOL suggested this band, Numenorean, on their FB page, so I gave them a try. Been looking for the purple or green vinyl ever since. Today it popped up back in stock. Purple is /200. They have the blackgaze thing going.

https://shopusa.season-of-mist.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=numenorean

I had to pick the green up from the napalm record euro store. Was pretty impressed after hearing the whole album

sacrosanct-truth-is-what-is-2xlp-.jpg

Lusitanian Records €22.99

Here's a progressive thrash classic album from German/Deutsch band Sacrosanct from 1990.

Really stoked about this one as I've been collecting classic progressive and technical extreme metal acts from the late 80s on thru the 90s...

Edit: Holy shit! Just went thru checkout and shipping is €17!

I think maybe this'll be on the back burner for awhile or until another store is offering

Edited by VinylMario
dammit

Went and had a dig at my fav local store for their RSD sale picked up some gems:

Asunder - Works Will Come Undone Clear (beer with maroon, green and tan splatter) /100

Khemmis - Absolution (first press black)

Amarok/Hell split lp

all brand new and sealed :D

Anyone else find anything cool?