29 minutes ago, omik11303 said:

So out of the blue my order showed up today. It was also the tour variant /1000. Really bummed out about it, but also not sure what to do about it. I might give them a call and see what they say, because that's a pretty blatant con if they advertised the /300 and just sent everyone the tour variant.

Shit, if it's a consistent issue then it could be a problem. I emailed their customer service, and they replied this morning. I have to send them a picture of the album and my invoice later today to move forward with whatever solution they got.

On 6/22/2018 at 11:44 AM, The Saint said:

Shit, if it's a consistent issue then it could be a problem. I emailed their customer service, and they replied this morning. I have to send them a picture of the album and my invoice later today to move forward with whatever solution they got.

Just curious if you ever got a resolution from this? I got mine in yesterday and it was the Tour Variant as well. I'm still going to e-mail them and send a pic just to get the process started.

52 minutes ago, Kjm23 said:

Just curious if you ever got a resolution from this? I got mine in yesterday and it was the Tour Variant as well. I'm still going to e-mail them and send a pic just to get the process started.

I'm exchanging it for the right variant. They're sending me the new record with a return label in the package and I'll send back the tour copy. Hopefully they can help you out the same. Good luck!

16 hours ago, Kjm23 said:

13 hours ago, omik11303 said:

I sent them a message when we were talking about it last week and they never responded. Will probably have to send another note tomorrow if I don't hear anything by then.

I emailed MerchNow about this and they basically said to email [email protected] and they'll get you sorted.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:19 AM, IanRees said:

I emailed MerchNow about this and they basically said to email [email protected] and they'll get you sorted.

Never heard back from MerchNow when I e-mailed them through the site. Sent them another e-mail to this address and got a response back today offering me a refund of $5.67 for sending the wrong variant. I responded back saying no thanks, I would like the variant I ordered. Got a feeling I am going to get hosed on this.

44 minutes ago, Kjm23 said:

Never heard back from MerchNow when I e-mailed them through the site. Sent them another e-mail to this address and got a response back today offering me a refund of $5.67 for sending the wrong variant. I responded back saying no thanks, I would like the variant I ordered. Got a feeling I am going to get hosed on this.

FFS. I wish every label would drop Merchnow for ridiculous "service" like this. Last time I had to file a credit card dispute and my CC company said Merchnow never responded to them either.

4 minutes ago, N8TRU1 said:

FFS. I wish every label would drop Merchnow for ridiculous "service" like this. Last time I had to file a credit card dispute and my CC company said Merchnow never responded to them either.

Well I just heard back and they said they are sending the right variant with a return label for the wrong one they sent. They also added to make sure I sent the wrong LP back or I would be charged for it haha. 

1 hour ago, Kjm23 said:

Well I just heard back and they said they are sending the right variant with a return label for the wrong one they sent. They also added to make sure I sent the wrong LP back or I would be charged for it haha. 

Either way they've been doing this shit for years and can't seem to keep a good streak.

1 hour ago, N8TRU1 said:

Either way they've been doing this shit for years and can't seem to keep a good streak.

Off-topic, but I remember two years back I PO'd Boston Manor's 'Be Nothing' when it first went up and a few months later - no email or notice or anything - I received a full refund. No note, no explanation. Still to this day I don't own the album, and I thought that was just about the most unprofessional thing I'd ever seen.

EDIT: On a related note, I did finally hear back from MN and they said the same thing to me that they told The Saint. I mailed my wrong variant back a couple days ago so hopefully they come through.

Edited by omik11303

Email back today, after mailing my tri-color back last week:

"We received your exchange, however the State Champs LP in red/cream w/black splatter is sold out. We do have the tri-color red/black/cream if interested!"

Not mad, just disappointed. Now I gotta see if I can manage a refund out of this.

I've never had any issues getting refunds from MerchNow for sold out items.

I've made the mistake of ordering a bunch of pre-orders together to save on shipping.
They ship on the last release date. So, even if one comes out this Friday and the other comes out next year.... they won't ship anything until next year!

I've ended up missing out on some items because they don't put a hold on your items, they will sell it to someone else and give you a refund.

1 hour ago, DealsOnVinyl said:

I've never had any issues getting refunds from MerchNow for sold out items.

I've made the mistake of ordering a bunch of pre-orders together to save on shipping.
They ship on the last release date. So, even if one comes out this Friday and the other comes out next year.... they won't ship anything until next year!

I've ended up missing out on some items because they don't put a hold on your items, they will sell it to someone else and give you a refund.

I have serious beef with their "we can't count" policy. It's not right that they put it back up and sell it again.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...